Dreamweaver 3 Bible - Macromedia Press

Dreamweaver 3 Bible - Macromedia Press

Non-Fiction - Information Technology - Dreamweaver - ISBN: 0321336267

Review of "Dreamweaver 3 Bible - Macromedia Press"

published 17/08/2000 | loooeze
Member since : 16/08/2000
Pro Extremely through and easy to read
Cons A lot to take in, but if you use it more as a reference book rather than one to read and learn you should be ok
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"Dreamweaver 3 Bible"

I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver, and just getting the hang of the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) aspect of Dreamweaver is hard, when I've been writing in HTML for years. However, I decided to buy the Dreamweaver 3 Bible, as although I was producing moderatly decent webpages with Dreamweaver, I had the strangest feeling that I was missing out on something.....

It turns out I was! However I was fazed, and still am by the size of the book (over 2 inches thick!), I found the easiest way was just to skim the book, then when there was somthing I wanted to do in particular, just look up that topic. The book explains it all very easily and clearly with good screen shots where needed.

A CD-ROM is also included with a trial of Dreamweaver (in case you haven't already got it), Flash4 and Fireworks3, as well as over 300 dreamweaver extensions, to help you make even more fantastic websites. It also shows you how you can incoporate Flash and Fireworks into your website, but thats a little over my head just yet!

All in all a definite good investment if you want to get the best use out of Dreamweaver, after all if you've spent £200 on the software, you might as well make sure you can use it all to its full advantage!