Review of "Driclor"

published 09/09/2010 | Loubenet
Member since : 07/09/2010
Pro It actually works.
Cons Sometimes stings, can bleach clothes, you use it in conjuction with another deodorant.
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Driclor Stops That Sweat"

Unfortunately I am one of those unlucky people who always seem to suffer from excessive sweating and horrendous sweat patches on my clothes. It's something I've been extremely embarrassed about, but I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't know whether it's just a result of crazy hormones during my teens and is a problem I'll grow out of, but I'm not prepared to wait and see. Eventually, a friend recommended driclor to me.

Packaging & Contents

It comes in a white box and isn't particularly obvious. I had to look quite hard to actually find it. It also has a pale blue pattern of bubbles on it (probably to represent the sweat that it combats). On the front it states that it combats excessive perspiration which suggests it's a bit more "hard-core" than your average deodorant.

This deodorant actually contains surprisingly few ingredients:
- Alcohol
- Aluminium Chloride
- Aqua

Obviously if you have any problems with any of these ingredients then don't use it.
Claims

It claims to combat excessive perspiration and says it "lasts for days, not hours". It is supposed to be particularly suitable for people who have a bit of a sweat problem and perspire even in normal conditions. Apparently, you should notice considerable improvement after 1-2 weeks. It is supposed to stop sweating by blocking the sweat glands.

Application

You are supposed to apply driclor after drying the affected area (to avoid irritation) and last thing at night. You also need to wash it off the next day and just use a normal deodorant during the day. It's a little annoying that you are supposed to use it with another deodorant, but hey, if it solves my little problem then I'm not complaining much.

This product has a roll on applicator. Personally I prefer roll on to any other type because then I can make sure that the deodorant actually reaches the exact places I want it. I also hate sprays because they go everywhere and make the room stink. Upon applying it, I noticed that it stung slightly, but only a little bit and that soon subsided. I wouldn't recommend putting it on after shaving because that would probably sting quite a lot. I've also noticed that it can stain clothes ever so slightly, so make sure you let it dry before putting on your nightclothes!

Results

After about a week I did notice a difference. As someone who usually ends up with embarrassing sweat patches on my clothes even on a normal, fairly cool day this was something worth celebrating! After using it for a few months I don't have to apply it as often. This product has improved my confidence so much. It costs £5.98 for a 20ml bottle which isn't that cheap, but it does work so I'd say it is worth it. If you have an excessive sweat problem then I would definitely recommend it to you!

• Autarkis published 06/10/2010
    I'm glad this worked for you :o)
  • catsholiday published 15/09/2010