Review of "Driclor"

published 19/08/2011 | deej89
Member since : 19/08/2011
Pro Completely stopped sweating
Cons Stings like hell if you don't use correctly
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Driclor - Industrial strength Anti-Perspirant - Worth the hassle"

Background

So, after 3 years of sheer embarrassment I decided to go to the docs about my HH problem. Years of not being able to wear several T-Shirts in my collection, and many bleached pits, are now in the past.

I've always been sceptical about things like this, and have tried every standard connotation of 'anti-perspirant' deodorant known to man; so I wasn't particularly hopeful about this one either. But that's where my pessimism was curbed.

Presentation

Driclor comes in a little bottle (can't remember the exact size of mine), and I got it from the local chemist after a recommendation of it's active ingredient (aluminium chloride hexahydrate) from my doc. It comes with a little roll on applicator, and is really easy to slap on because it dries almost immediately, and in my experience doesn't cause any immediate discomfort.

First Use

First use was pretty uneventful, before bed (like it says in the book), I washed my pits (just to make sure nothing was going to get in the way), dried them completely, and I mean completely, so my skin was nearly flaking away. Then finally rolled on a healthy amount of driclor.

Absolutely no tingling or anything, just a cool sensation, which then developed into a slight itch once I'd gone to bed.

The day after, I wore a tight, orange, usually unwearable tshirt, and hey presto, not a single drop! ... And I mean ... not a sausage. Usually I can be sat at my desk and feel it running down my sides, but this day, nothing!

Walk Test

So with my new found confidence I went for a little walk, to go pick something up for work. It was a hot day, and I could feel myself getting a little bit of a cobbler on, because I am really unfit.

Got back to the office, wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead, check the old pits, and not a bean.

So even after some mild exertion, not even a slight drip.

Day Two

After the success of the first day I was only too eager to bang some more magic juice on, but this time it was a different story. Maybe I did apply too much the night before, because my arm pits were quite irritated, but still I repeated the process. Washed my pits, dried them thoroughly, slapped on the driclor; in an even yet thin layer this time.

This night for a few moments it felt like the fires of hell had been cast into my arm pits. But this went away and I was just left with a mild itch again. Once they dried off I went to bed. Then all hell broke loose. My arms were KILLING me. They really were itchy and irritated. I had a look and all of the places where the solution had gone into the creases of skin under my pits (not fat creases, just normal pit folds, I'm not overweight) it was red raw.

I had a particularly sore and clustered patch of irritated red skin under there. But I persevered, and started drifting off to sleep. I was tossing and turning, and just couldn't settle. The itch wasn't bearable to sleep with on this night. So I had to try and wash it off.

So thats what I did. But on day 2, after having washed off the solution after an hour or so, I am still BONE DRY. I'm wearing yet another tight, white, tshirt, that would normally be overrun with pit rings round to my nips right about now - but not today. Even after a brisk walk to the butty van. Bone dry.

The Verdict

Driclor works. It couldn't be any simpler than that. It works a treat.

My advice would be to use it VERY SPARINGLY. One application may last you a few days, but if you let it dry and it becomes unbearably itchy, then it seems that either the dose from the previous day, or the washed off dose is still just as effective.

I've read accounts where people only need to apply once a month or so, But this is only day two for me so I can't comment. I will be applying again tomorrow, or maybe the day after, but I'm going to go ahead and see how long it lasts on me with one dosage.

I saw effects immediately, I have sensitive skin anyway, and I usually sweat real bad (just under my arms) but not anymore. It works a treat just follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be fine. Try even using it day on day off, or week by week. Either way, for me, top draw!

Thanks for reading :)
Good look my sweaty/sweat free compadres :)

offers "Driclor"