Type: Table Light - Table Lamp

Review of "Dunelm Moroccan Lantern Table Lamp"

published 16/06/2015 | Coconutsugar
Member since : 21/02/2015
Pro Looks great
Cons Very bright

"A pretty lamp"

Dunelm Moroccan Lantern Table Lamp

I bought this lamp from Dunelm Mill approximately one month ago. I got it in the sale, and it is still in the sale at the minute too. The usual price for it is £14.99 and I paid £11.99 for it. I think that this is a bargain, even at the full price, because a lot of similar ones to this in other shops are much more expensive.

This lamp is very pretty, though I think it is a bit of an acquired taste. It is one of those lamps that looks good in any room, however I have mine in my bedroom. My bedroom is shabby chic with a pink and cream floral theme to it, and with this being white it and looking shabby chic it fits in perfectly.

The design is modern but it has a vintagey hint to it too. The lamp is white and close up you can see it is distressed with small chips, I'd have preferred it without the chips however from a little bit of a distance they are not noticeable anyway and they do add a little character to it. The lamp is the perfect size, it's neat and fits on to my small chest of drawers without taking up barely any room at all.

I think that the size is perfect because if it was any bigger it could easily look over the top because of how eye catching and detailed it is whereas because it is medium sized it is not too overwhelming.

The measurements are: 10cm (4") x H 29cm (12"). The design is nice, the cut out pattern is delicate looking. I am a little bit disappointed though that there is no pattern transfer on my walls or ceiling when it is lit up, as I thought there might be. The lamps door is screwed shut and needs a screwdriver to unscrew it.

The bulb was easy to fit, and stays securely in place. The lamp takes a 60 watt maximum bulb. This lamp is very bright because of all of the gaps in it so it is great as a reading light and much brighter than my salt lamp. It is pretty much as bright as having my main ceiling lamp on so it isn't the best lamp to have on when relaxing as the light is not a glow it is very bright.

The lamp is well made (it is made from a lightweight but fairly sturdy feeling metal) and easy to clean, it looks really good and it was very cheap and I am happy with it.

• jo-1976 published 18/06/2015