Durex Play Lubricant Sweet Strawberry

Durex Play Lubricant Sweet Strawberry

Lubricant

Review of "Durex Play Lubricant Sweet Strawberry"

published 15/06/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Sweet, affordable, sugar free
Cons None
Effectiveness

"Durex Play Lubricant Sweet Strawberry (18+)"

Just a quick warning, this review contains sexual references!

My boyfriend's favourite thing in the bedroom is oral sex and as a result we get through a pretty impressive amount of flavoured lube, haha. I love flavoured lube as it does make things a bit more exciting for me and it also helps create that extra bit of moisture resulting in more pleasure for my man. My favourite brand of lube is Durex due to the wide range of flavours and I have found that a majority of their lubes have a good consistency and despite being water based they aren't too runny, nor are they greasy to the touch like some water based lubricants are.

I usually choose the cherry flavoured lube from the Durex Play range as it genuinely does have a nice taste to it, although when I saw that there was a new strawberry flavour available I decided to try it as I love the taste and smell of strawberries. I purchased my 50ml bottle of the Durex Play sweet strawberry flavoured lube from Superdrug as it was reduced to just £2.99, which is a bargain as it usually retails at around £4.50.

I purchased mine in-store and didn't feel too self concious as this doesn't look like a sexual product if that makes sense and it looks just like a shampoo bottle from a distance, although it does kind of look a bit like a dildo due to the oblong shape with a rounded tip when you look closley!! The colour scheme is red, obviously reflecting the strawberry flavour. The bottle has a simple pump mechanism which is mess-free and easy to use, a decent blob of product is depensed and we only need a couple of blobs of it each time we have sexy time so a 50ml pump lasts for at least 2-3 weeks.

The lube has a good texture to it. It is thick enough not to run off my hand but it is easy to rub onto the skin without creating a thick layer of lube, which is great as there's nothing worse than there been too much lube and i've found that my mouth goes kind of tingly if we apply a thick layer so it's best to use sparingly and a little goes a long way. It's important to apply the lube after foreplay (eg hand job!) as it does sink in to the skin as a body oil or moisturiser would, unless obviously you're not buying the lube purely for oral sex.

Smell wise, this is pleasant. Very sweet and somewhat artificial but pleasant enough and the smell does not linger for too long. It tastes pleasant and you can taste the strawberry but it's not too sweet unlike a lot of other fruit flavoured lubes. The taste isn't particullary natural but it's not ridiculosly artificial tasting. This is sugar free so theres no worry of weight gain if you eat too of it much haha, although to be fair as a little goes a long way there's not much risk of swallowing too much of it. My boyfriend also likes the taste and neither of us have experienced any redness or soreness on our skin after using this.

This acts well as a lube and on the occasions that we've used it for actual sex rather than purely for oral, it did as good a job as any other lube would. It's a nice consistency and provides plenty of moisture so if you or your partner suffer with vaginal dryness then this will help a lot. The lube washes off fine and is not sticky or gooey. It works fine with condoms and I overall reccomend it.. it's probably my fave lube from the Durex range.

• angelboouk123 published 16/06/2012