Dyson DC24 BALL ALL Floors

Dyson DC24 BALL ALL Floors

Upright Cleaner - Mains Power Supply - 650 Watt, 700 Watt - Bagless - with HEPA Filter

Review of "Dyson DC24 BALL ALL Floors"

published 27/07/2009 | mumsie79
Member since : 16/02/2009
Good
Pro small, good for small spaces, easy to store
Cons suction not up to par
Performance
Noise
Safety

"dyson dc24 not as good as i would have thought"

I purchased this dyson having owned a dyson for many years, and then my new puppy decided to chew any chewable parts that it had, so opted to buy a new one.

Now initially my mum had went and bought me a miele hoover, which was not an upright or bagless but the suction is apparantly superior, but i prefer an upright and when i tried to vacuum my rugs with the miele, i decided an upright would be the less physically demanding cleaner for me, which is always important to a busy mum and housewife.

I searched the net and found one on cdiscount for £179.99 which was on offer at the time, so i went ahead and bought it and looked forward to receiving it. I chose this one instead of the dc24 as i have a lot of stairs in my house and the smaller size appealled to me as not being as heavy as a larger one, would be easier to take around the house.

When I received it i was surprised at how small it was, not a complaint of course, this is easier to store than most and although the collection tank for the dust etc is smaller as well, it just means you have to empty it more often which is not really a hassle.

I used it straight away, but have to say I was not impressed. It does ok on the rugs, but feel that the suction is not as strong as what it could be. I have laminate in my house almost everywhere and it struggles to pick anything larger then fluff or crumbs up eg it won't pick up a sugarpuff (good example eh!) it will just move it around.

The ball is ok for manouvering, but it means that you struggle to get underneath anything like a low table for example, I wouldn't say it is the best design idea. I tried to use the attatchment for the stairs, but was really disappointed with how poor the suction was with this, it was far better on my old dc07, so I haven't use that part of it again. Also the plug lead is not very long, my livingroom is about 30m squared and i can get round that but not out into my hall, which is a bit of a pain having to unplug it and plug it in somewhere else.

The good points about it are that the handle pushes down into the tube for storage so when 'closed' the height of it is only about a metre if that, which is as I said good for storage.

Overall if I had the choice again I would not have opted for this, I actually prefer the miele that my mum got me. I use the dyson for doing the rugs and quick hoovering through the week but use the miele for my stairs, going around the skirting, in corners and under things, and round the cornicing etc once or twice a week, as I find that the miele does a much better job, and I have to say the suction in my opinion is much better than this dyson anyway.

• paulpry118 published 02/08/2009
    My Dyson went wrong a couple of weeks ago so I replaced it with a Miele. I can't believe how fantastic the Miele is plus the quiet setting doesn't upset any of the animals
  • blackmagicstar4 published 27/07/2009
    What a shame. Good review x