Dyson DC27 Animal

Dyson DC27 Animal

Upright Cleaner - Mains Power Supply - 1300 Watt - Bagless - without HEPA Filter

Review of "Dyson DC27 Animal"

published 17/12/2011 | muppetbabe
Member since : 19/01/2006
My name is Karen and I am from Liverpool. My main interests are football - Everton in particular, politics and poetry. A lot of my reviews will appear on DooYoo under the name Karonher.
Pro Good solid model that can be used on various surfaces.
Cons A bit pricey
Performance
Noise
Safety

"A Bit of an Animal - Dyson DC27"

I knew that having a pet was going to cause problems around the house but was not aware how much fur there would be. For years we struggled on with an ordinary Dyson but in the end gave up and got one that could deal with pet hair.

The first thing I was pleased about was how easy it was to put together and I managed to use it right away. It not only got rid of all the cat hair, but also seemed to pick up a lot more dirt than the other machine I had been using.

I also found it much easier to clean the furniture as the attachments were easy to connect and very powerful. The suction was powerful and it did a good job of getting rid of even more fur.

Stairs are not a problem at all as here again the attachment is easy to fit and really effective. Getting into the corners was not quite as easy but I suppose you can’t have everything. With a hose that is almost 15 meters long there is no need to run back to the main part of the hoover and move it every few minutes. The cord is 9 meters so wherever I clean there is no need to keep on unplugging and plugging in at the next socket.

Although I don’t have a laminated floor the instructions said that it was just as effective on them, so there is no need to worry about the fur that would be left behind there.

There is a 2.3 litres cylinder so it is possible to have a good hoover around quite a few times before it needs to be emptied. As it is clear it is easy to see how much is inside and so far I have not left it too long before emptying. When this eventually needs to be done it is just as easy as every other process with the machine as it is just a button release.

All in all I wish I had bought this earlier as there are a number of other features that are as good or better than other machines. Obviously without a bag there is an ongoing cost removed and although this is not an issue for me if there are allergy sufferers in the house then the filtration system is good news for them.

I really can’t fault the hoover from the point of view of performance, but this should be expected as it does come with a hefty price tag. The price I paid for it was higher than most Dysons but knowing that this also meant I was insured for 5 years against break downs meant I was confident about buying it.

I cant remember exactly how much I paid for it but I am sure it was under £300 although they are now selling for £329.99 on the official site. Other stores do have it on sale for up to £100 less however.

I have only given 4 stars as I still think it is a hefty price.

• jjcross published 24/12/2011
    We have a Dyson DC25 Ball- It was expensive at £350 but it lifts the carpet up! it has so much suction!
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 17/12/2011
    We have a screw stuck in the motor of ours, it's still working but screams! lol x