Home

elvina

Member since:12.07.2000

ELC - Dolphin Swing Seat

23.07.2000

Advantages:
Nice design

Disadvantages:
Tips, bad seat harness and too far off the ground

Recommendable No:

1 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. COOOEEE

For her first birthday my daughter was given by her Grandparents the ELC single swing fram with the Dolphin Swing Seat. Our branch does not have these on display so we could not see what they looked like beforehand but had ordered them from the catalogue as we thought that the Dolphin Swing Seat would particularly appeal to my daughter as she is animal crazy.

When my husband and I started erecting the swing alarm bells rang when we noticed that the swing and seat were made by different companies and the seat had, written on the fitting instructions, that the seat was to be fitted no higher than 18 to 24 inches from the ground. We could not do this because there was insufficient rope. This may have been caused by the seat being faulty and having too short a rope or that the seat and this swing were not meant for use together. Once fitted it was obvious that there was something wrong, the seat was over double the height off the floor than was stated in the instructions.

My daughter by now was excited and wanted to try out the swing so we let her, obviously with us on hand. She bent sideways when sitting in it and it tipped to quite an angle which we did not feel was right either. We took our daughter out and complained to ELC.

ELC replied saying that they would exchange it for the Cosy Swing Seat – this they did and when fitted this was much better, it does not tip and is much closer to the ground than the Dolphin Swing.

I don’t know whether this we had a faulty seat or whether it is a mismatch between seat and swing but I would strongly advise anyone ordering the seat to beware.

Add the first comment!

This review of has been rated:

1. COOOEEE