EPCOT

EPCOT

Review of "EPCOT"

published 13/10/2007 | MAllen400
Member since : 22/10/2002
I have been married to John for 36 years. We have 3 children and 4 grandchildren,. Thank you for reading my opinions and I will try and read yours
Pro something for everyone
Cons a long walk if not prepared or got heels on (no I didnt)
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Epcot, the one with the big ball"

As I have just done a ciao on the magic kingdom, which I hope you have read I thought I would do one on Epcot so that you can compare the different Disneys;

Disney World is made up of 4 different sections. Epcot being just one of them.

You can tell Epcot by the huge globe. This is the one they usually show on television.You will find that this will find a way of appearing somewhere in most of your photographs. Even taken on purpose.

Although Epcot has of course all the characters that Magic Kingdom has so children will love it, this is more geared up, I think, for the tiny bit older ones to make them feel more grown up!

Epcot is signposted good. On entry the first thing you spot at Epcot is Leave a Legacy. This is tiles with names on.

To see everything at Epcot you really do need to start one end and go completely round to the end so that you dont miss a single thing.

As you are walking around you will see all the Disney Characters. They are very willing to have their photographs taken with you and to autograph your albums for you. All free of charge.

Epcot is not only fun but very educational.

One of the attractions is the World showcase. This has a given area to many different countries. In this area you can sample the chosen countries food and wine, eat in their cafe/restaurant and see how they live and dress. They each have a shop where you can purchase things from the country you are "visiting". I did find the United Kingdom one a bit of a let down but that is just my personal thought!

Look for the timetables as you will have things like a bus come around and people getting off it and dancing in the Street.

There are many attractions at Epcot. I must admit to having two really favourite ones. My first must be "honey I shrunk the audience". On entering you are given 3D glasses and sit in an areana like the cinema. Here you settle down to watch "honey I shrunk the audience". The cinema really does seem to shrink and when they mention mice getting loose you feel them around your ankles and when the dog sneezes you find yourself touching your face to see if its wet!! How this works I dont know but it is a must to see. When you go you might find that it is another film different from honey I shrunk the audience as some friends went 2 weeks after us and they saw a different one.

The other favourite is imaginations. This is presented b y Kodak and as everyone reading this knows about the internet you will find it very interesting. You can do your own video taking and music but best of all you can take your own photograph and even send it to a friend or to yourself for when you get home. If you want your photo to collect there you can but there is a small fee.

Now if you are a toughie you may want to have a go at mission space. This will give you an idea of what its like to be an astronaut. You are strapped in with 3 others. Each of you is given a job to do. You may be the pilot, navigator, engineer or the commander. During the settling in time you are asked if you wish to back out. This is not taken likely and if you feel you cannot go through with it now is the time to say so. I must admit I am pleased I didnt but I think given the choice to do it again I might just give it second thought. You do actually pull G forces. Actually quite a lot of G!!! But absolutely brilliant if somewhat scary. Not one for the very young, but having said that they would not allow it.

If its fish you prefer then the Living Seas area is for you. It has 5 million gallons of water so this will give you a guide to the size! There are sharks there amongst many others.

There is a Test Track which gives you first hand look at how cars and trucks are tested but from the outside you see the speed they are travelling and I must admit when I saw this there was no way I would go on! Hope someone reading this will do though!

If you get hungry there are plenty of places to eat and they are very reasonably priced and you certainly get a good meal for your money.

At the end of the day you will find a wonderful firework display which is well worth staying to the end to see.

A few tips for a good day are

Wear good walking shoes
Remember where you park the car.
If you are in Florida and want to go to Disney World a couple of times, purchase a multi any day ticket to save money. $99 per person for 2 days but worth every cent.
Hire a pushchair.
Carry water with you although there are plenty of places to buy drinks
Dont carry anything extra to disney world in your handbag to make it heavier than need be
Best time to go is October - warm and dry although with school children I realise this is hard.
You could easily loose concentration where the children (I mean the older ones) are so arrange times to be back at certain places instead of keeping them so very very close-I dont mean to overlook the safety of course.
Look for a timetable of events as you will know if there is a "special" happening like the dancing and Mickey in restaurants etc.

I hope this has helped you to decide which of the disney world areas to go to. I would not have missed it.

• nic63 published 14/10/2007
    Aw, its a shame you didn't go on Test track, it was my favourite thing in the park. It isn't as scarey as it sounds from below. All in all its a great park isn't it. Nic x
  • piggypine published 14/10/2007
    Good review, i think the Living seas area would definitely be my favourite.
  • watkins11 published 14/10/2007
    Will be visiting when my son is old enough to remember, great review

offers "EPCOT"