Review of "E Beauty Supplies Pure Coconut Oil"

published 07/01/2016 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro multi tasker
Cons none
Effectiveness
Form of Treatment

"Slathered from head to foot"

E Beauty Supplies Pure Coconut Oil

E Beauty Supplies Pure Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is one of the most versatile products I know. The fact that this one is 100% pure and organic makes it at the top of its game. I have been using pure coconut oil for the past year as part of my beauty routine so although the jar is huge, it needs to be for all the tasks it must perform!

First impressions
The Extra Virgin Cold Pressed oil arrives in a huge screw top jar with solidified contents. It is still an oil though and easy to scoop out of the jar. The product reacts with body heat and melts on impact to your skin. If you are using on hair you just rub a little between your palms to get it moving then massage in to the scalp or stroke through the lengths. The solidified nature makes it less likely to spill and far easier to get the amount you actually want out of the tub. My first use was to test its strength and get a whiff as I took a tiny amount for my lips. It melted on to them and I felt a moment of elation - honestly! It has a slightly sweet taste to it and coconut oil can be used for cooking too so it won't hurt to taste a bit.

In use
A mentioned I use this intensive moisturiser for many purposes: the moisturising of limbs, massage, cuticle care, hair conditioning, face mask... bath oil, make up remover. Anything that requires moisturising in any format.

My thoughts (and others')
This has a nice light coconut smell to it. The jar is bulky to transport around but you can decant it in to a smaller pot if you wanted a lip balm to carry around. I think the packaging is perfect and it looks very nice, promising just what the coconut oil delivers. I used it as a hand lotion at work and did a quick poll of the people around me to see how far reaching the coconut went and they couldn't smell it but came closer and said it smelt nice when they were right next to me. I thought I'd see what opinion was in case they found it offensive or thought I was scoffing Bounty bars in secret but neither were the case as it happens. It is an oil but it is not particularly greasy and it sinks in to the skin quite quickly. My nails are in great condition from massaging this in to my hands and cuticles. I had a sore bit of skin on one nail and this coconut oil helped to ease the discomfort and encourage healing.

Price
A 500 gram tub of this (huge!) is £14.99 on Amazon. I think that is really good value for money.

Final word
It has been lovely to use this coconut oil so far. I have around 100 more applications (or more!) in the jar and will be intensively treating my legs again tonight to ward off the winter scales. For the price you can't find better quality so if you are wondering about using coconut oil, stop thinking about it and dive right in, you'll never look back!

• justarube published 05/08/2016