E tyres

Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"On site battery replacement"

eTyres also provide an onsite battery fitting service, next day, which in theory was excellent for replacing my fading car battery. I bought the Varta battery that was specified on their website for my car, and booked a fitting slot. The next day someone came to fit the battery, only it wasn't a Varta. This was not good news as I know the superiority in performance/life span of the better branded batteries.

I felt very sorry for the fitter who I asked to return with a Varta. I got a call from eTyres the next day saying they had ordered a Varta which would be 'delivered' in a few days. A week later and I was still waiting.

When I finally called eTyres to ask them what had happened, I had a sneaky feeling that they had forgotten to order my Varta... I asked them to cancel the order, and refund my money, which they said they would do - amicably it has to be said - though with no explanation/apology whatsoever.

So beware, if you order from eTyres, make sure that they fit you with the branded items they specify on their website - and not with inferior/cheaper makes...

• weaholt published 23/09/2006
    Welcome to Ciao!!!
  • Essexgirl2006 published 22/09/2006
    Welcome! I used e-tyres for a replacement tyre last year and had no problems, plus they were cheapest. The luck of the draw I guess.
  • wingnut888 published 22/09/2006