E tyres

E tyres

Review of "E tyres"

published 18/12/2011 | JamesSherborne
Member since : 18/12/2011
Pro If the tyre is fine, no problems in the past
Cons I was lucky my tyre was 'only' £100, if i'd spent £300 I would be seriously fuming
Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Defective Tyre fitted - 3 months and still no sign of a refund!!"

This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to review an online company, but I feel it is important for future purchasers to understand the potential issues if you are supplied a defective tyre by etyres.

I bought a new £100 tyre for my bmw, choosing to use etyres because of their reputation and previous good experiences. The side wall of my new tyre completely disintegrated on the motorway the very next day after less than 50 miles, causing me to swerve across 2 lanes and almost crash. The fitter returned the next day to pick the shredded tyre up to send back to the manufacturer for testing.

etyres only offered to replace the tyre if I paid a further £100. I am still regularly chasing for a refund of my original £100 over 3 months later - each time getting told the tyre is still with the manufacturer for testing and could be for a lot longer, with no end in sight, no tracking available and nobody willing to take responsibility or help to get my money back. I cannot understand how this is my problem - this was clearly not a case of wear and tear after less than a day, let alone keeping my money for so long.

Absolutely disgraceful customer service, I cannot believe I used to recommend this company to family and friends - I am going back to mytyres.co.uk - they are the same price for fitted tyres but they spend their spare money on customer service training - not on saccharin endorsements from Eamonn Holmes.