Review of "Eagle Creek Pack-It Folder"

published 09/09/2011 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro space saving
Cons creases clothes
Design
Weight of bag itself

"Pack it smaller!"

I have been using Eagle Creek products for a number of years now and have two if the pack it folders. There after perfect for shirts and trousers when going on trips and you want to travel light. The folder can store up to 12 items and the space that it saves in the suitcase is phenomenal. I pack my folder into my carry on case and it saves me so much room. The folder is a little tricky to use at first but once you get the hang of the folding, it becomes much easier.

The folder comes in a variety of sizes, I have the 15 inch one which accommodates 12 ladies shirts or 8 shirts and two pairs of trousers. The folder is made from thick nylon material but there is plenty of give there are it does stretch. There is a velco fastener in order to keep it closed and a handle for you to carry it around if need be.

The size of the folder is 42 cm x 30 cm and the essential board in the folder is of a similar size. In order to get the most out of the folder you need to fold things impeccably, like they do in shops! The board contained has instructions on how to fold shirts and pants in order to get them as thin as possible and to help minimise creasing. The board has a number of diagrams too to assist you and in many of the example you wrap items around the board in order to assist you in getting straight lines. Packing does take a lot longer using this method but the space you save is fantastic. I really did not think that I would get so many items in it, but once you start you will soon see how easy it is to fit them in. The folder opens fully so once you have your first garment folded, you simply put it in the middle. Once you have the number of items you need or you have reached the maximum capacity, you need to then fold the flaps around the garments and secure using the velco fastener.

As far as unpacking is concerned, the claim that the items will be hardly creased is very far from being true. The items are very creased and crumpled and all need a good iron afterwards. This is not the case for t-shirts and more casual clothing but when I pack my work clothes, my shirts definitely need an iron running over them, especially on the arms.
The pack it folder costs £25.00 and I bought mine from the duty free at an airport. There was a massive stand with a video that showed how they worked and once I saw it, I was hooked! I have not seen them in the UK but would imagine that they are fairly easy to locate on the internet.

I’d recommend this product as it is really useful and stops me having to take bigger bags that I need to check in at the airport.