Early Learning Centre Armbands

Early Learning Centre Armbands

Review of "Early Learning Centre Armbands"

published 14/05/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Cost. Attractive design. Durable plastic. Seem comfortable. Good buoyancy.Safety valve.
Cons None.
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"For human fishes."

I am a big fan of Early Learning Centre products in general because I feel they are generally really good quality and very reasonable cost wise. One such product I bought for my son is the Early Learning Centre Red Armbands as we all go swimming every sunday morning and the ones we were using previously had belonged to my daughter and so were hand-me-downs and had become a little worse for wear. My son has had these for about 2 years - and they are still the armbands he uses when we go swimming. I can't remember how much they cost me 2 years ago, but they are presently on offer on the ELC website for £6.00 - which seems like a pretty good price to me, especially as they have lasted.

These armbands come simply packaged and uninflated at the time of purchase. They are recommended for use in children above a year old, but I actually think that my son would have been able to use these before the age of 1 year because size wise they look appropriate. The armbands are red on the outside and yellow on the inside - and so the colours are gender-neutral. The colours are bright and attractive and appealing to my son. On the armbands there are swimming-appropriate pictures, including a dolphin, shell and fishes. The pictures are cute and very child friendly.

In order to use them it is just a matter of blowing them up. There is a mouthpiece on each armband and you need to unclasp the plastic mouthpiece open and then you need to squeeze the hub together and blow into it. If you don't squeeze the hub together then the air doesn't go in - and this is because this is a safety device which means that the valve needs to be squeezed to allow the air to come back out again. They are pretty easy to blow up and can be done within about a minute each and it doesn't leave you completely breathless! Once blown up, the mouthpieces can be pushed into the armband so that they don't stick out and get in the way. It is actually easy to blow the armbands up, especially the first time they are uses, when they are on your child because then you can get the sizing right. Obviously they have to be snug, but you don't want them to be too tight.

The armbands are obviously made of plastic which seems to be really durable and we haven't had any leaks in the plastic over the 2 years we've owned them. While there are seams in the armband, I have put my hand around the inside of the armband and it doesn't seem to have any sharp or uncomfortable bits - and certainly when my son has them on he doesn't make any complaints about them being uncomfortable. There are also no marks on his arms when they are removed.

These armbands do keep my son afloat which is, obviously, the most important thing when it comes to a set of armbands! After he's used them for several hours they do usually need to have a little blowing top up, but actually even when the armbands are not fully inflated, they are still good floating devices.

Overall, I recommend the Early Learning Centre Red Armbands for any young child who wants a little more autonomy in the swimming pool!

• Spottydog11 published 15/05/2012
    We have some from ELC, they're good x