Early Learning Centre First Shape Sorter

Early Learning Centre First Shape Sorter

Shapes and Stacking - For ages: 6 months +

Review of "Early Learning Centre First Shape Sorter"

published 21/06/2010 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro educational, fun
Cons heavy
Educational Value

"Musical shapes"

Shape sorters are popular toys in the baby market and certainly when my own children were young we had several of them. Now for my grandchildren there seem to be so many more kinds which are all singing all dancing and this one from the Early Learning Centre is one of them!

It's plastic and quite heavy so not ideal for very young babies who try to be ambitious and lift it up! My grandson has had a few knocks with this when he's tried to lift it and then dropped it on himself!

It has five shapes- traingle, circle, heart, square, flower. Each of the shapes has an animal on it- sheep, cow, duck, cat and dog. Each shape and each animal is a diferent colour so already you can see that there is lots to learn from colours to shapes and animals.

The shapes fit into holes in the plastic and they sit just above it so that the baby is able to get hold of them to lift them out.

There is a flower button at the bottom which you can turn to 'off' 'music' or 'animal'. The music setting is so that when the piece is placed into the hole a song plays such as Twinkle Twinkle. Also if the animals are pressed down the song will play too. The 'animal' setting means that when the pieces are placed in then animal sounds that relate to the animal on the shape are made.

This noisy shape sorter shows an instant reward- for getting the shape in the right hole a noise of some form is made thus showing the child that they have selected the right place.

This is £10 and I think it's a little over priced as the previous reviewer has said the speaker is on the bottom of this toy. This means that if the toy is lying flat then the noises are rather quiet.

I do like this though because it is colourful and your child learns more than just shapes with this. Because it's plastic it is easy to clean too which is very important with young children, my grandson is always smearing rusk into his toys!

I think it's a novelty item which your children will enjoy for a while. My grandchildren have had some fun with this so I will be giving it 4 stars

• KarenUK published 24/06/2010
    When my kids were young, we used to go to the ELC a lot as they had loads of great toys.
  • paulpry118 published 23/06/2010
    My daughter used to love hers
  • JAVER1967 published 22/06/2010