Early Learning Centre Skittles

Early Learning Centre Skittles

Two balls and six coloured skittles for fun games. Age Range: From 2 years

Review of "Early Learning Centre Skittles"

published 03/05/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Plastic. Sturdy. Lightweight. Inexpensive. Fun. Improves hand-eye coordination.
Cons Fall over if ground not completely even or windy. No carry case.
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Skittle fun."

Advantages:
Disadvantages:
I buy many of my youngest childs' toys from the Early Learning Centre because generally I believe they are really very good value and the benefits of such toys are really well thought out with the development of the child in mind alongside the enjoyment factor of the toy itself. Every now and again I will take my son into the ELC and allow him to pick out a game or a toy as a treat for something and, within reason, I allow him to choose whatever it is that needles his imagination. Last year, on one such trip, he picked out the ELC Skittle Set.

The set consists of six skittles and two bowling balls which come in a plastic seal. I would have preferred it had they come in a storage case so that it was easier to transport them and to keep them together because it is the kind of game that would be fun to take on holiday or take to the park and so some easy packing system would be really appreciated. Yes, it's possible to bundle them all up in a plastic bag but a specially designed case would be neater and better! The whole set costs £6.00 which is actually a really good price because the skittle kit is well designed and built to last. The skittles are nice bright colours of blue, green and red and the bowling balls are a summery yellow.

The skittles and the balls are all made out of plastic which is hard wearing and very sturdy and has certainly put up with all the abuse my son has been able to throw at it! They are light-weight and so they are easy enough for even the youngest children to manipulate and use. The skittles do occasionally accidentally fall over if the ground they are being used on is not completely even or if it is particularly windy and maybe if the skittles were a little heavier then this issue could be ironed out. However, this isn't a huge problem but it is just something to be aware of. On the positive side, because they are lightweight, it makes it easy for even the youngest child without much power to knock the skittles over with the bowling balls and so it's not frustrating for them.

Because the kit is made entirely of plastic it can be used inside and out in all types of weather really (except very windy weather). When it gets grubby all of it can be wiped down with soapy water and it comes up good as new.

Overall, I think this is a really good quality product and we've all had fun playing it. It's the type of game that the whole family can play together and I would estimate that a child from as young as twelve months could probably benefit from playing with it in terms of hand-eye co-ordination. I recommend it.

• GodfatherOfSoul published 03/05/2012
    I remember having something very similar as a child. They were hugely entertaining but naturally the pins were lost one by one over the years.
  • BawBaw published 03/05/2012