Early Learning Centre Wooden Bricks

Early Learning Centre Wooden Bricks

Shapes and Stacking - For ages: 5 Years +

Review of "Early Learning Centre Wooden Bricks"

published 25/04/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Sturdy. Different shapes, colours and sizes. Helps development. Good price.
Cons Nothing
Educational Value

"Building blocks"

I have bought a lot of stuff for my son from the Early Learning Centre (ELC) because I find that the products are well made and can be fun and educational at the same time. He's now 3 years old, but about two years ago I bought him a packet of the ELC Wooden Bricks which he played with a lot over the last two years.....although he is starting to grow out of them now and move onto Lego.

The blocks came packaged in a tub which has been reused for storage since we bought them as the tub is sturdy and has a replaceable lid which keeps them safe. Each pack contains 75 wooden bricks which are assorted colours, sizes and shapes - and so they can be used in a variety of ways. The set of bricks now costs £12.00 from the ELC - which I think is an incredibly good price. The bricks come in red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and pine coloured, and there are squares, rectangles, triangles, semi-circles, bridges and cylinders of assorted sizes. There is a really good assortment. The bricks are solid wooden but they are also light weight and so they're unlikely to do a lot of damage when thrown across the room. Because they are wooden, they can be wiped over when the inevitable sticky fingers get all over them.

I like these bricks because they can be used to help teach and educate my son in a fun way. He likes to build different structures which helps his spatial and imagination development, but we have also used them to teach him colours and also to teach him counting. I think, even though he's not playing with the bricks much now, we will probably keep the bricks to help teaching him addition and subtraction.

Overall, I think these bricks are really well made and they are certainly worth the £12.00 price tag. They have remained in good condition despite some pretty heavy usage. Recommended.