Review of "Ebuyer.com"

published 16/06/2007 | daveylee20
Member since : 12/05/2002
Pro Cheap, reliable & allows customers to leave comments on products they bought.
Cons Customer service is slow, but its there.

"eBuyer, The Super online store."

I’ve been an Ebuyer user for a some years now. Probably since they first came about as a company. There main warehouse was located just down the road, so my orders usually came 2, 3 days early than expected or was 1st stop on the delivery mans journey as I was so close.

Anyways. I found many of there prices to be fair & reflect on the quality of the product. I’ve been reading some of the other reviews on this, and I have to say, I’ve not really experienced any of it myself. But as a business user as well as a personal user. I experience both sides of the service & I do know, many people buy in bulk as a registered business user, and sell on eBay for more. The sad thing about it is, people buy them as there are people who are not aware of ebuyer.

So, the key things you should know about ebuyer.

When selecting your items, please do read the reviews on them. They will give you ideas of the quality, speed & reliability of the product. Trust me, if they find a reason to complain, they will.

Make sure the product you want is exactly what you need & want. To send items back is an issue I find some what troublesome. The request of a RMA number is a lengthy wait. However, they have to review many other RMA requests also. If you want speed from customer service, this requires more staff, more staff, the more you pay for products... So ask yourself, is a little wait that important? As it’s not often you need to send anything back, other than your own mistaken purchase. However, I did have an issue once with a hard drive; the delivery man dropped it, but never said anything. I only found out when my neighbour commented if my parcel was all right as he saw it happen.

Also, The RMA number should be clearly printed one the outside of the package. This will delay refunds, replacements if it is not.

Now, delivery is almost fantastic, Now that I live no where near there warehouse as they have relocated, the speed is still great. There are often times when you have your delivery on a Wednesday, but find you get it on a Monday or Tuesday. Doesn’t always happen, but it does. Can be helpful or unhelpful depending if you have to take time off work or make sure your not out for the given delivery date to find it came early & you have to re arrange delivery again.

Ebuyer are a high quality service in my opinion. More people use eBay & are happy with it, but ebuyer offer better prices, quality & protection. Just remember, there an internet company. They don’t have a public store to drop in. the staff are few, which keeps prices low. Your never going to get the fastest customer service responses from them. But you will, just give them time. If a little wait means I get items cheap, that’s a wait worth waiting for. (That doesn’t sound right does it?)

So key points.

When choosing products:
Read reviews & be sure it’s the correct product you need.

Requesting RMA:
Be specific to the reason & make sure you print it on the outside of the returned parcel.

Hope this review helps & happy shopping.

• Expired-Account published 19/06/2007
    Very helpful review, I've never used ebuyer
  • vichar68 published 16/06/2007