+ - Ed Sheeran

+ - Ed Sheeran

Rock & Pop - StudioRecording - 1 CD(s) - Label: Asylum - Distributor: Arvato Services - Released: 21/11/2011, 12/09/2011 - 5052498646555, 505249864652...

Review of "+ - Ed Sheeran"

published 01/05/2012 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Pro every track is amazing
Cons none for me
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Ed Sheeran- +"

Ed Sheeran is one of my favourite artists at the moment, he is a singer/songwriter with an amazing, mellow voice that makes for really easy listening. His first album was released in September 2009 and was called +.

The Track list for this album is as follows:
1. The A Team
11. Kiss Me
12. Give Me Love

Favourite Tracks
The A Team
This is a song about a prostitute who is addicted to class A drugs, it is a really sad song about how hard life can be for addicts and people in the sex industry. This song is really slow and sad and has a really sad message to it, to be honest it makes me feel lucky for every opportunity I have been given in life. Ed Sheerans voice is amazing and he sings this song flawlessly in my opinion.

Drunk
This is a slower song about losing a loved one and using alcohol to get rid of the pain. This song is really sad song about dealing with being alone but also knowing that you can’t change the way you are as a person. I really love this song and think its sung really well.

You Need Me, I Don’t Need You
This is one of the faster paced songs on the album. It has a really cool beat to it and is a confident song about not needing someone. In this song he sings about his life as a singer/songwriter and how he is now doing better for himself, I am guessing this song is aimed at the people in his life who tried to hold him back from his dreams. I really like this song as it is a little different to anything else on the album.

The Other Tracks
There are no tracks on this album that I dislike, they are all very easy listened to and have their own little unique twists to them. There are more slower songs on this album and it has a really mellow vibe to it. I really love the poetry that he uses in his lyrics, they have real meaning to them. I think that this is a great album to just chill out with or to have on in the background when you are driving.

Price and Availability
I bought this album in HMV for around £10 at Christmas time, this was a really great price for such a high quality and recent album. I would definitely recommend buying this album as I have got loads of listening from it and have got my money’s worth in my opinion.

Overall
I think that this is a fantastic album and that Ed Sheeran is a very talented singer and song writer. This is a lovely album with a really cool feeling to it. I find it very hard to flaw this album. Overall I would give this album 5 out of 5 songs.