Elastoplast Assorted Water Resistant Strips

Elastoplast Assorted Water Resistant Strips

First Aid - Plasters Tapes

Review of "Elastoplast Assorted Water Resistant Strips"

published 28/05/2012 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro Water Resistant, Very Sticky, Comfortable, Stays put until removed
Cons Nothing!
Effectiveness

"Great quality plasters."

I decided it was time to clear out the first aid box at home, and thought it was time to re-new some products and to get rid of old one's. My parents tend to buy cheap plaster strips from the £1 shop, how-ever I hate the plaster they sell here as it doesn't stick and falls off within about an hour. I prefer buying well known, trusted brands such as Elastoplast and when I was in my local boots store I picked up a box of 40 water resistant plasters. These were perfect as there was a range of 4 different sized plasters in the box.

~ PACKAGING ~
The plasters come individually wrapped in their own sterile wrapper which has the Elastoplast logo on the back of each wrapper. The front of the plaster wrapper is clear so you can see the size of the plaster through the wrapper. The plasters all come in a blue cardboard box, which states on the front that they are Water Resistant and that the box contains 40 assorted strips. It also states that these are water and dirt repellent and are breathable. On one side of the box it tells you how many of each size plaster you get in the box and how to apply/use the plasters. On the back it has a picture of how the plaster works. The box can be recognised as Elastoplast due to the colour that is on the box itself. The box is easy to open by opening up the flaps at the top of the box.

~ PRICE/AVALAIBILITY ~
I purchased these from my local Boots store for £2.39 which I don't think is too bad value. You can also buy these from local supermarkets, Superdrug and pharmacies; how-ever prices may vary.

~ THE PLASTERS ~
In the box you get 40 assorted plaster strips. There are a total of 4 different sizes of plasters, each suitable for different types of wounds/cuts. These vary from a small circled plaster to a large plaster suitable for covering a larger, slightly deeper cut. In the box you get the following plasters:
  • 20 long thin plasters which are 19 x 72mm, perfect for fingers.
  • 10 slightly thicker plasters which are 30 x 72mm, perfect for grazes or cuts.
  • 2 large plaster which is 50 x 72mm, perfect for areas such as knees or elbows.
  • 8 small round plasters which are 23mm perfect for smaller cuts or nips.

Before applying a plaster always ensure that the wound/cut is clean and dry. Wash hands before attempting to clean/dress any type of wound or cut. Apply the plaster without stretching it and use each strip only once.

~ USING THE PLASTER ~
My boyfriend recently got something stuck in his finger after buying some coral and live rock from a local seller. We managed to pull a small piece of what looked like coral/rock from his fingers using a pair of clean tweezers. We ensured that the wound was clean and dry before applying the plaster. The plaster was easily removed form its packaging and it was easy to apply to the finger. The plaster was stuck on firmly, and wasn't too tight around the finger. He went to work and the plaster stayed on his finger all day, even after washing his hands a few times throughout the day. The plaster was removed after work to let some air get to the wound.

I had a small blister on the back of my heel which burst and I applied one of these plasters to it. I often find that plasters don't stick very well to areas such as the knees, elbows and back of the heels. I didn't use the smallest long strip of plaster but the slightly bigger one. This size was perfect for the burst blister. The plaster stayed on all day and felt comfortable and didn't cause any irritation. The plasters are easily removedm by pulling them away from the skin very gently.

~ OVERALL OPINION ~
I personally only tend to buy Elastoplast plasters, as I find these stick much better and are along lasting, that cheaper brands such as plasters from my local £1 shop, where the plasters tend to fall off within about an hour. In terms of value I don't think the plasters are bad value as you do get 40 plaster strips in the box, in a range of different sizes. As they can be kept in the box, this makes them really handy when me and my boyfriend go out on bike rides as we have a small first aid kit and always take a box of these plaster with us just in case. I highly recommend these plasters to others and give them 5 shiny stars.

(review also on dooyoo)

• xd-o-n-z-x published 05/11/2014
    vh
  • tune57 published 29/05/2012
    I agree about the cheap plasters from places like Poundland, it may look like you've bagged a bargain but the fact you have to use twice as many as you would with the better ones makes them false economy.
  • StazKilly published 28/05/2012
    i prefer water resis ones to those cheap fabric ones you get from pound shops x