Moisturiser - Body Cream

Review of "Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi Body Cream"

published 06/09/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro smells great
Cons price
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Exotic scented lotion"

Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi Body Cream

My friend passed me a few samples which I took on holiday with me to try out and for a bit of a variety, keeping the packing weight down too. I was pleased one evening to have the Frangipani Monoi body cream to try after a day in the sun, sea and pool. After a shower I gave it a try. The sachet was a generous size with plenty of cream to rub in to my arms and legs.

In use
The cream was a thick and luxurious consistency and the first thing I noticed was the wonderful heavy scent that emanated from the cream. It was a really intense holiday smell and perfect for the evening time. I skipped using perfume that night as I think the two scents would have crashed with each other.

My thoughts
This is a strong smelling body cream so not for the faint hearted. It’s neither a young smell nor an old fashioned one in my opinion. I liked using it on one night and it did wonders for my skin which was feeling a bit dried out from the sea, pool water and shower. It’s a very floral and feminine fragrance and the cream went straight in without much drying time. I got mine in a biggish sachet (sized 7ml) which was the same burgundy colour as the product line. The full sized 200ml tube comes in a plastic burgundy tube with a silver screw top lid.

About the line
Elemis make a whole line of the Mrangipani Monoi range so if you like the scent you may find other items that will suit you in the range such as a body oil, shower cream, salt glow, hand and nail cream or there is even a set of items for Christmas 2017 if you know someone who is a fan of the range. You get the salt scrub, body oil and body cream in full sized bottles for £67 although they say it is worth £94 so technically it is a value set! This is what they say about this particular line: “The transformative power of exotic blended aromatics lies at the heart of this range. From the enigmatic Frangipani Monoi of Polynesia to the delicate Japanese Camelia, this combination of oils and creams will intensely nourish your skin and senses.”

What they say about the cream
This luxurious body cream is enriched with exquisite Macadamia Oil and lipid-rich Sesame Oil to leave skin deeply hydrated and silky smooth. The unique infusion of exotic Tahitian Monoi Oil, a blend of tiare flowers soaked in Coprah Oil, is fragranced with Frangipani Flowers to leave skin feeling beautifully soft , supple and delicately scented. For total body indulgence, use with award-winning Frangipani Monoi Shower Cream, Salt Glow and Body Oil.

How much?
OK so remember that this brand is a premium product and as such, it does come with a premium price tag! The 200ml tube costs £26 but the set with other items I mentioned above does work out a bit better value.

Final word
I am glad I got to try this. I did not use to like scented body lotions, especially strong smelling ones but I am coming round to them a bit more if I like the fragrance. This one was a perfect holiday lotion and had a delicate balance of aromas and quality ingredients that left my skin perfectly soft. I am not sure I would want to fork out for the full sized tube but the luxury sample was a perfect trial and one I would be happy to use again.

• euphie published 09/09/2017
    vh :o)
  • ravingreviewer published 07/09/2017
    vh
  • afy9mab published 07/09/2017
    Nicely done.

offers "Elemis Exotic Frangipani Monoi Body Cream"