Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream

This revolutionary Anti-Ageing cream uses Padina Pavonica to transform the complexion in just over 2 weeks*. Trials proved a 19% reduction in the appe

Review of "Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream"

published 17/02/2009 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro It works
Cons Expensive
How easily is it absorbed?

"Anit-ageing cream"

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Anti -ageing

I was given an Elemis skin care gift box for Christmas and have been using it ever since. When I first got it decided to do a bit of research into the products that I had to see if they were any good.

According to a 2003 Independent Clinic trial, the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Anti-Ageing claims to increase hydration by up to 45%, reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by up to 78% and transform the complexion in 2 weeks!! Wow, if this worked it really would be a miracle cream.

Elemis the company was founded in 1989. It actually came about by them identifying a gap in the spa and salon industry for a company that could provide a comprehensive service orientated range of advanced skin and bodycare, combined with a dynamic treatment offering. Now, according to their website, Elemis is the leading luxury British spa and skincare brand favoured by over 5.7 million spa-goers every year.

Before I had even tried any of their products, Elemis always appeared to me to be a luxury product that was probably a bit more expensive than I was willing to pay. The packaging always looked very up-market and salon like and I had heard about their scientific formulations that must have cost a lot to produce. Since this product was free though I decided I couldn't grumble and decided to give it a go.

Like I said the packaging is very spa like. The cream comes in a heavy frosted glass tub with a screw on lid. An E logo for Elemis is printed on the top of the tub and then the product name is written on the front. The tub I had as 30ml but it also comes in a 100ml tub. I had a quick look on their website to see how much it would be if I wanted to replace the cream and nearly fell over backwards. A 100ml pot is £125!

So, is it worth it? Well, the special anti-ageing properties that it is made of is said to have a powerful lifting and firming effect to improve the skin's suppleness and elasticity. According to an article I read, collagen is the most abundant protein in mammals and is what supports most tissues and gives cell structure from the outside. It is also contained in certain cells as well and then this degrades it leads to wrinkles as it is generally responsible for skin strength and elasticity. So, if this cream contains collagen then I would think this is a good thing as it will replace the collagen that I am losing in my skin as the days go by and help to keep me wrinkle free. I have to say that I think the wrinkles on my forehead have got a little slighter after using this cream. I can't be certain, I don't think one cream can fix everything but it does seem to be having a little bit of effect which is good to know.

The cream itself is a white colour and is very light to the touch. It glides onto the skin and goes on really easily and is not greasy afterwards which is nice. It has a slight fragrance which can probably be best described as a fresh, clean smell. Apparently in the cream is a dynamic combination of the marine algae Padina Pavonica, Rose and Mimosa Absoultes and Gingko Biloba Liposomes. This has been developed with leading doctors skincare specialists by targeting skin renewal actions, with proven collagen boosting plant and Marine actives to challenge the ageing process.

I do like this cream but I don't think I would buy it again once my free tub has been used up. I think there are other creams on the market (I am a big Oil of Olay fan) that do just a good a job and hey, who wants to look 35 when you are really 95!

• patel88 published 17/02/2009