shazzaspa... 4

shazzaspannered

About me: Our little boy Jack William arrived on 25th February 2011 three weeks early weighing 6lbs - am loving being a mum though there just isn't enough time in the day!

Member since:12.04.2005

Dry Skin/Dry Lips - Sort them 18hr miracle cream!

21.06.2007

Advantages:
Is a multi functional product can be used for various things

Disadvantages:
Smell may be off putting for some people

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?It smoothens, It revitalises, It refreshes, It moisturises

Why did you buy it?No particular reason

29 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. just.bcoz
  2. starjen
  3. suttinreal

There are some products which come onto the beauty scene and take the world by storm, some are a quick flash in the pan but others remain to be stable favourites of customers and beauty editors all over the world. This product falls into the latter category.

Originally launched in around 1934 Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream is one of the company’s most popular items, so popular that in 1989 it was re-launched onto the market. It is one of those products that regularly crops up in magazines in top ten product lists and on beauty pages as a highly recommended product.

The cream which has been dubbed the eighth wonder of the world has a multitude of uses from lip balm to taming eyebrows, from burns to dry skin - this is one great little product.

When you purchase this it usually comes in a white box, although some discount websites do sell it without the box at a cheaper price. I do not have the box for my tube of this as mine is a sample sized item and did not come with a box.

The actual product comes in a white tube, it has the normal Elizabeth Arden logo on the front which is basically the name written in black writing and it says “Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant” on the bottom of the tube in both English and again in French. On the back it says that to use you apply liberally as often as necessary. Personally even though I think the tube looks quite plain and a bit boring, I think they do this to make it appealing to everyone. The tube has a screw lid which usually can be found on the bottom of the tube which I think is a better idea as it’s easier to squeeze the product out.

When you squeeze the cream out of the tube the first thing you will notice is the colour, it’s a kind of orangey colour which looks more like a thick gel than a cream and has a very distinctive smell. I don’t quite know how you could describe the smell other than quite medicinal, personally I find the smell quite refreshing but I can see how some people may be put off by it so I would strongly suggest you try a small amount of this at an Elizabeth Arden counter before you buy it as it may not be to your taste.

The gel feels smooth to the touch and let me tell you a little goes a long way so you only need the tiniest amount. Due to the consistency of the product if you do apply too much it can make skin feel a little bit greasy so always use less than you think and add more on if need be.

So I hear you cry what can I use this for? Here are some of the ways this can help you…..
  • Used on lips this can help ease dry, chapped skin.
  • Soothes and comforts minor weather burns
  • Can be used on dry skin on face or body
  • Use to soften cuticles and hangnails
  • Can be used to ease sunburn
  • Softens rough elbows and knees
  • Apply a tiny amount to help keep eyebrows in place
  • Use on abrasions to help soothe
  • Use on post shave legs to stop drying
  • Use on dry spots on feet

This really is a miracle cream. You can use it to protect, soothe and moisturise skin, it has anti-inflammatory benefits and it protects skin against environmental damage and fights free radicals which can lead to aging.

This can be used on sensitive skin but should not be used on open wounds or infections. It has been thoroughly dermatologist, clinically and allergy tested, is suitable for all skin types and can be used all year round. It is especially good for use in the winter to soothe and protect dry chapped skin and lips from cold weather conditions.

Can be used by men and women and I think that it would be quite good for men who suffer with razor rash or dry skin on their hands and cuticles. As it comes in plain packaging it wouldn’t look out of place or too girly in a men’s bathroom.

So does this work? Yes it does. I had been suffering with a small patch of persistent dry skin in-between my eyebrows recently, I think it appeared after I had been using a rather harsh toner I bought which had been far too much for my skin to cope with. A friend gave me a small15ml sample sized tube of this to try as she said it might help, within a couple of days my skin started improving and within 5 days the dry patch had gone. I have been using this for all kinds of things now especially on my lips as they do get dry and chapped quite regularly.

You can buy this from Elizabeth Arden counters which you can find in most large department stores such a Debenhams, John Lewis, Selfridges and in larger Boots stores. You can also buy it off the Elizabeth Arden Website http://shop.elizabetharden.com/home/index.jsp

As with most products though if you are planning on purchasing off the internet I would strong suggest you shop around as there are a number of websites where you can purchase this product at much cheaper prices. On the Elizabeth Arden website this product costs £20 for 50ml but upon searching on the internet I found 30ml tubes for sale for 9.95 and even found somewhere that sold them for £5.99 so it pays to look around first. You can also try Ebay as there are usually plenty for sale on there but you do sometimes find fake items for sale on there so be careful.

I would definitely recommend this. It is great for taking away with you when you don’t have much space and want a product that can do more than one thing. I am going to a festival in July and will be making sure I take my little sample tube with me! As previously mentioned you only need a small amount so a tube will last you for absolutely ages so use for use it is worth the price of a larger tube.

I am awarding this 4 out of 5 it has lost a point because even though it doesn’t bother me I can see that the smell may put some people off what is otherwise an excellent product.
Thank you for reading my review.

Shazza xx

just.bcoz 18.03.2008 04:18

great review

customtattooblue 28.09.2007 18:16

not tried it yet but i will great review, x

suttinreal 26.09.2007 22:44

Great review. Love the effect of this product, but not so keen on the smell! Farah xo