Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Eye Moisture Cream SPF

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Eye Moisture Cream SPF

Review of "Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Eye Moisture Cream SPF"

published 23/02/2008 | ivytoad
Member since : 18/09/2005
Pro Seems to really work, has an spf
Cons Expensive!!
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Elizabeth Arden Eye Cream - nice but expensive!"

I really like this Elizabeth Arden 'Ceramide Plump Perfect Eye Moisturiser Cream' (quite a mouthful!) I actually got it as a free sample as I bought some other Elizabeth Arden products. The size I got was a 7ml jar, which is really good because the normal sized product is only 15ml so I got almost a 50% sized one! It is an exact replica of the 15ml jar, only smaller.

The cream claims to treat dark circles, sooth puffiness, make your skin look firmer and protect against signs of aging.

The cream is to be used within 12 months of being opened.

The cream comes in a plastic jar with a plastic screw top lid. The bottom half of the jar is made from clouded white plastic and the lid is a gold/yellow colour and has a gold stripe around the bottom of it. I quite liked the design of the jar since it is different to other moisturisers that I have seen.

The cream itself is white and thick in texture. I really like thick moisturisers. It is really easy to apply, you simply put a little on your finger and then rub it around your eye area. I have noticed that my skin around my eyes looks nicer and firmer, and that my eyes don't look as tired as they normally do (really good for early mornings then!) It does seem to have made the slight black circles of my eyes disappear too which I get when I have not had much sleep.
The cream absorbs into the skin really quickly, almost as soon as it is applied and my skin feels moisturised straight away, though I do think it makes the skin feel just a tiny bit oily.

The eye cream didn't irritate my skin in the slightest. It is really gentle and there would be no problem using it everyday.

The cream does not have much of a fragrance to it, it just smells a lot like other moisturisers. I like the fact that it doesn't have much of a smell because sometimes it puts me off using a product.

Since this moisturiser is only for around the eye area, you only use a tiny bit each time you use it so it should last for a long time. I got mine about two months ago and apply it regularly and I still haven't used up my 7ml jar yet.

The cream has an SPF of 15, which I think is really good since it is protecting your skin and this is always and added bonus!

The cream is available from Boots and I have also seen the Elizabeth Arden range at John Lewis and Debenhams. You can also get it from the Boots website.

The jar costs a mega £29 for 15ml! Which I think is waaay too much, but having said that I do think this cream is really good. As my skin is still quite youthful I don't think I really need to be paying through the roof for an expensive eye cream, though I like the fact that it has an spf in it and that it does seem to make my eyes look less puffy and dark.
Had I not got this as a sample I don't think I would have bought it, but I would recommend it since it does seem to work and is really nice to have!

(also on Dooyoo)

• jupiter28 published 10/06/2008
    I had a sample too and they were really nice, but I couldn't justify the full product :o)
  • lel1969 published 26/02/2008
    A bit too expensive for me!! Lel xx
  • techno_man_37 published 25/02/2008