Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Cream is an all weather treatment stick for softer, smoother lips. SPF15.

Review of "Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick"

published 12/04/2007 | miggmoggspud
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Keeps lips deliciously soft and smooth
Cons Not many colour options

"Luscious Lips for up to 8 hours"

I recently received a fabulous free gift from Elizabeth Arden containing, amongst other items, an Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Sheer Tint Stick .

***What is it***
A new addition to the very successful 8 Hour range, this is a non-greasy, lip balm/lipstick that gives up to 8 hours moisturation with built in SPF15. It comes in 4 shades (Blush, Berry, Plum and Honey) and weighs 13oz (3.7g)

***What's in it***
If like me you are allergic to lots of products the active ingredients are as follows:

Padimate O, W/W Oxybenzone, W/W Petroleum

***Where can I buy it***
Not too many places sell this in England so you will have to go to either Boots, Harrods, Debenhams or get on the internet.

***How much***
Prices vary depending on where you shop but seem to range from £6-£15. The internet seems to offer the best bargains.

***How will I recognise it***
It is packaged as a traditional lipstick, the tube is white with a silver band with Elizabeth Arden embossed on it. On the bottom of the tube is a small sticker telling you what colour you have picked up and how much it weighs.

***My experience***
I love freebies and so was very excited to receive this gift set. Whilst not my favourite product in the set I do love it.

It is very much more of a lip balm than a lipstick and provides only the sheerest tint so do not buy this if you want full on colour.

The coverage is excellent and you don't seem to need much to make your lips feel soft and smooth.

Bizarrely it also smells really nice, kind of like fizzy refresher sweets (I'm showing my age here, I don't think they sell these any more!!).

I'm not sure the moisturisation lasts for the full 8 hours but I have been applying it when I leave for work in the morning at around 7:30am and have not needed to reapply until around 1:00pm so its not bad. I suppose it depends on whether you eat a lot or are a lip licker - I eat a lot!!!!!

If I could find it cheap enough on the internet (£10 or less) I would definitely buy this again but don't think I would be prepared to spend £15 on it. I'd much rather receive it as a free gift!!!

Thanks for reading xx

• lethal-eyez published 11/06/2007
    hey! great review! i really wanna get this now lol xx
  • eve6kicksass published 20/05/2007
    Obviously not for me, but a fine review there...Chris x
  • Belle published 14/04/2007
    You can still get frefreshers! They sell them in our uni shop :-) xx

offers "Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick"