Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up

All Purpose Make-up

Review of "Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Make Up"

published 27/04/2015 | sexysausage
Member since : 22/04/2015
Mainly write beauty reviews :)
Satisfactory
Pro none
Cons sahdes, thin, price, doesn't blend, comes off however doesn't wipe off
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Elizabeth Arden flawless skin..."

So from my previous review I stated quite a bit that I am an acen sufferer and having found the foundation I use on a daily basis, sometimes I do like to try others to try and find a cheaper alternative or just to have a little change. Well last month I had an absolute nightmare so I ran out of doublewear and I had no money to buy more. I already had an account with very which meant I could purchase some foundation through credit. Elizabeth Arden was the closest to Estee Lauder I could find as they do not stock that brand on there. The flawless finish retails at £29. This is a price I've grown used to -paying so I wasn't put off or phased by this at all.

There are 20 available shades in this range of foundation and I chose vanilla shell. For me it was quite hard to choose which shade I would need I just chose the lightest shade. It would of been great to eb able to see someone and get this matched up properly in a shop but there isn't any Elizabeth Arden counters in my town that I could go and get it from. There are plenty of shades but the shades are all very similar shades and even though there is a lot of them the varitey isn't enough and can make it quite difficult to choose which one.

Firstly this is a pump action foundation which I cannot stand. This just means that it has a pump lid to get the product out. I hate it because of the waste it creats. I don't think it is value for money because when you're nearing the end of the bottle the bits from the bottle are just dicarded due to not being able to get them out with the pump. Also with the pump it is so sensitive that when squirting this a lot comes out at once and it's very hard to control that. This means that msot of the time I get too much product onto my hand and end up washing most of it off rather than applying it.

Once I had some of this out I noticed it is quite runny and not as thick as I thought it would be. As always I put this on with my foundation brush rather than fingers or a sponge, this is also a more hygenic way because I wash my brush after each use which means I'm not putting old make up on my face. When applying this I found it quite difficult to get a smooth application. The product itself did not spread easily which meant I couldn't get a good amount onto the brush, I ahd to apply it a tiny amount at a time. This also doesn't blend in well even with itself, It was very hard to do one side of my face and then the other side without looking like I applied to seperate shades.

Once I finally got this on my face I had a close look and it was extremely streaky from the brush application. I feel that this product is too thin and runny to be able to get an even application which causes so many streaks which makes it look very obvious that it is there. Once I put concealer and powder on the top the streakyness wasn't noticeable. However the overall coverage of this foundation is just awful. Every single flaw shone through I may as well of had an arrow above my ehad with acne written in capital letters.

After a couple of hours of wearing this, if that, This foundation starts coming off and I don't even mean fading (as if it wasn't light and rubbish enough)I mean that this starts bunching togeter to create dry skin patches which made me look awful and then eventually wore through. Yet when taking this off with normal cosmetic wipes, the foundation is reall stubborn to the point were it starts to hurt from trying to get this off. So since then I've decided that I would just face wash this off directly more than try to get it off with wipes first.

I still have this foundation and since I have bought my doublewear supply so I won't completely waste my money further by throwing this away, I just keep this as a back up for when I do run out of someone needs to borrow some. For £29 I didn't expect to be using this as a back up foundation. The price cannoy be justified by this product. It's wasteful, thin and lacks a variety of shades which shows up all flaws because it's simply too thin.

• DodoRabbit published 17/06/2015
    Brilliant
  • euphie published 20/05/2015
    vh :o)
  • mikemelmak published 09/05/2015
    That's a very honest product evaluation. VH.