Review of "Elizabeth George"

published 21/06/2008 | ruth1957
Member since : 06/10/2006
I just love writing and getting any feed back so I can improve. Its been good for me to write as I am recovering from a stroke and had times it has been difficult to write now much easier. Thankyou for all the rates and comments
Pro Interesting person
Cons none
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability

"Elizabeth George"

Elizabeth George is a very well known and established writer. She writes crime psychological suspense stories. Elizabeth George has been awarded several writer awards such as the Anthony & Agatha Best First Novel which is an American Award for writing, also the Grand Prix De Literature Policiere Award which is a French Award for writing. There were so many to list so I have only put down a couple.
She was born 26/02/1949 in Warren, Ohio and was brought up in Mountain View
In California.
When she was a young girl she went to St Joseph's Grammar then from there to Holy Cross High School which was run by the Sisters of the Holy Cross.
Successfully obtained her undergraduate degree at the University of California Riverside and then she underwent her Masters in Counselling/Psychology at the California State University, She went back after that to University of California Riverside to study for her teaching degree.

Her first book which she wrote was A Great Deliverance and that became one of her most well known pieces of writing. This actually was awarded the Anthony Award, the Agatha Award and the French Le Grand Prix de Literature Policiere. So after this success of the book she then decided she would retire from teaching and left her career which she had in secondary education but after eighteen months she returned to teaching at Coastline Community College. She did move on from there to teach at the University of California at Irvine, University of British Columbia and the University of Oklahoma, Edinboro University and every year at the Maui Writer's Retreat.

Her books which she writes are mostly set in Great Britain and she is well known for her books which has the character Inspector Lynley in them these were adapted for television and were shown on the BBC Channel.

I find this author very interesting to read and like the clever way in which she writes and captivates her audience. I find particularly her first novel the Great Deliverance I could not wait until I got to the next page also I was rather sad when I had finished it. I certainly liked the book and enjoyed her writing style

I certainly will be reading more books by her .

• headcase44 published 21/06/2008
    Good review...Always good to learn about people... Thanks. J.

offers "Elizabeth George"