Elysee ELEC PEN

Elysee ELEC PEN

Electrolysis - Battery & Mains Operated

Review of "Elysee ELEC PEN"

published 13/04/2007 | Lindajoy
Member since : 02/11/2006
Pro Does what it says, removes hair
Cons None exept make sure where you put the probe
Next hair removal necessary after
How painful is it?

"Elysee Soft Touch Permanent Hair Removal Pen"

Elysee Permanent Hair Removal System

Having being either disappointed with wax strips and other products for hair removal, and spent fortunes trying to find a product that does what it says, I decided to try the Soft Touch permanent hair removal system by Elysee. The painless and permanent claim drew me to give it a try. So…..

Cost
£35 - yes a bit expensive but was worth the price.

Contents.
The system comes with all you need to operate it (no opening it and having to run to the chemist for anything extra like batteries!), and is neatly packed in a fold over pouch. The instruction guide that comes with it extensively explains how it works and how to use it in a simple way that can be easily understood.

How it works
Not being a scientist I have had to give the explanation in the booklet. Evidently, when you put the gel on the cotton bud in the pen, small pulses of completely safe electrical energy pass through the gel o to the cotton bud. When the cotton bud is applied to the treatment area, this chemically changes to sodium hydroxide, which slowly destroys the hair root and papilla. This allow for the painless and permanent removal of the hair. Same with the pads for the larger areas of treatment, e.g. legs. So basically it kills the hair root.

So does it work!
I decided to try it on a small area first, my eyebrows. It was so easy to use; you hold it like a pen. No pain, tingling or anything. If fact I was wondering if I was using it properly. After my session with it, and you can only use it for 20 seconds in one treatment area before the buzzer sounds, I used the tweezers as instructed and the hair just came away easily. It's good that you get this warning so as not to overuse it. So I have to say, yes, it works. And it's safe to use on the more tender parts of the body.

Disadvantages
You really do have to make sure that you place the probe where you want the hairs removed! Because I was not used to it, I have a little bald patch at the edge of my eyebrow! So make sure where you put it is where you want the hairs removed! As it is permanent like it says.

Verdict
I was well pleased with this product, glad I bought it and would recommend it. No more messy creams or painful wax!!

• jesi published 15/04/2008
    ~~~~ Have you had to have any repairs to this? ~~~~ Thanks for reading my reviews as well ~ l've left you an urgent message in your guestbook. . . . . ~ ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !
  • jesi published 05/02/2008
    l'm just grateful to have very pale fine hairs . . . ~ ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !
  • gizmogizmo published 02/11/2007
    A very useful review there! I may invest or pop it on my christmas list x