Emirates Airlines - UAE

Emirates Airlines - UAE

Review of "Emirates Airlines - UAE"

published 30/01/2017 | Liebellu
Member since : 17/01/2017
I work from home, besides odd jobs I run two companies and am both a mom and a wife. After years of traveling and working on luxury super yachts, we now enjoy a more quite and settled life in our new Country, England.
Pro Service, quality, peace of mind
Cons none for me
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Kid friendly Air travel"

Emirates Airlines - in my opinion THE BEST

Launched: The Emirates story started in 1985 with just two aircrafts! Today they are one of, if not the worlds biggest fleet owners for Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s. Offering their offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies.

So a little background, my husband and I come from a super yacht back ground where chasing the sun and the summer was life for a good number of years. If we were not on a luxury yacht moving from one place to another we were on a flight getting to one place or another. Having traveled between South Africa, England, Europe, USA, Bahamas, Caribbean, Maldives, Seychelles, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Lebanon and more. I think it is fair to say we have experienced many different airlines in our time thus far. That said we fly...Economy sadly.

So who is our FIRST port of call when it comes to air travel? EMIRATES, and for us not to fly with them there has to be a very good reason. From brilliant ground staff service, to easy online booking, and enquiries. They are there and if they can not help they find someone who can. The airline cabin staff are kind, caring, approachable and professional.

My very first experience flying with them was 6 years ago when my then infant/toddler daughter (18 months) and I flew to France to meet my husband who was just finishing an extended trip (was due to be 3 months but ended up being 9 months) First time mom, flying alone with an infant for the first time and all the worry and stress that international travel in itself offers, etc. They were brilliant to say the least! Helped out when I needed it and checked in on us regularly. Watched her if I needed to use the ladies as trying to have a pee can be fun in those small spaces never mind with a child on your lap! That said, changing nappies mid flight in the bathrooms was quick and easy, provided you were in yourself armed with the essentials.

Having booked a bulk head seat with a crib as she was well under the max weight restriction meant she could sleep and although she is tall she just popped a foot over the edge and was more than happy! Equally said I preloaded the iPad with her favourite games and movies and she just sat in the crib doing her thing as happy as larry. (YES at that age she was showing my husband and I how iPads work)

Kids meals were better than I expected, she was given her own little backpack, with a lunchbox of healthy yummy snacks to enjoy at her own leisure. There was a meal request for her with allergies, religious requirements etc as is the norm. At 18 month she was a good eater and I just chose stuff I know she liked and I made sure I have plenty of formula just incase for some reason she did not want the food on offer.

She has flown long haul international 3 times now with them and loves every trip, she calls the stewardesses Princess. She is happy to interact with them and on the one occasion when there was a long queue, and while potty training and refusing to wear a nappy for the flight! they have been kind enough to gentle whisk her off to Business Class so as to avoid any mishaps. They interact with the kids during the flight and make them feel special. When you get to Dubai the ground staff are on hand to assist and there are pushchairs for you to make use of during your time in the airport. So kids are very well catered for.

Adults - There are not many who can say they look forward to airline meals! But the meal options are not bad there is normally a good selection and they do try to carter for all. I find if seriously nothing appeals I go for the vegetarian, it's a good "goto" option. When the food it is served they offer good quality utensils and linens. This I find is important as it make the cramps space and confined environment that much tolerable. The beverage selection is also very good.

Inflight entertainment is the normal headrest mounted TV with remote controls for gaming, watching, shopping etc. The selection of entertainment is normally quite varied a little something for everyone, though of cause if your long haul flights (Return) are close together chances are your entertainment is the same - but his is the same for all airlines. At least if you are someone who manages to get some sleep on Long Haul flights you can watch what you have not watch and if you are someone who does not sleep like my husband you get to catch-up on all the movies you have been wanting to watch but have not had time. SO all good in my opinion.

Throughout the flight there are beverages and snacks for those who are still hungry. The staff do work off a roster so after dinner service they do take time off and are on reduced staff which understandable makes the seated service a little slower, but that said you are able to go to the galleys and help yourself.

Destinations: Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East! Price always depends on the time you fly and if it is approaching a national holiday - this goes for departure and arrival.

Price: They may not always be the cheapest but in my opinion they are worth the extra cost IF that is the case, purely for the peace of mind knowing they are very good with kids, the ground support they offer the service they provide onboard. It is not just about the Kid factor. My husband and I love flying with them as well, all in all, in my opinion they are one of the best if not the best out of all we have traveled on.

In my opinion all airlines have their bad points, it is a close quarters, high pressure job. Not everyone goes to work in the best of moods and that does reflect on the service you offer but the same can be said to people who go out, they are not always in the best of moods or frames of mind and how they perceive the service they get is reflected in as much.

• DodoRabbit published 16/04/2017