Endsleigh

Member since : 03/10/2000
Pro Friendly Service
Cons Can be disorganised

"Good for Students"

I have been on and off with Endsleigh for my car insurance over the years since ive been a student.

Endsleigh are good in some aspects: as long as you know exactly what you want they can help you but if you do not that is where the trouble starts.

One hand doesnt know what the other one is doing at times. I am not with Endsliegh at the moment, even though im a student, another company called Direct Choice and they beat Endleigh by over £100 and increased my cover level to fire and theft where as Endsliegh will normally always offer you just Third party. I finished my policy with them 6 months ago. I had trouble getting my no claims certicate and i still get letters form their head office trying to tell me about new qoutes now for my car. Which is a bit late now!

I would reccommend them for the first time driver as they give brilliant introductory rates and i probably will go back to them at the end of my current insurance if they can offer a better deal. For non students i have heard they are not as good as the others but still competitve.

The company was very good when Drake Insurance went under, they informed me of developments and what was happening with my insurance. Most people lost their policies altogether but Endsliegh held everyones policy that was with Drakes until another insurance company took them on. Very few companies did not do this as was reported in the press.
This was impressive from a small company when most of the others dumped their policy holders without a worry.

At the end of the day its best to shop around and tell the companies what price youve got and dont let try and push you into a decision. Some try and say we can only hold the price for the day, but you ring up again later that week and they offer either the same or a better deal.

They also offer loads of other products that is usefult o anyone and are very cheap on them.

• Chuckie8766 published 14/03/2001
    Thank-you very much for your help and advice. I have just had my first lesson today with a family member. I am a student and wouldn't know where to look for a decent priced car insurance. Now I do. I don't want to pay over the odds at all. Thanks again, excellent opinion due to the content of it.

Product Information : Endsleigh