Endsleigh

Review of "Endsleigh"

published 11/04/2001 | adamdavid
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Student discount...
Cons ...unless you're a mature student

"Endsleigh offer a student discount..."

...to "normal" students, but not to people like me.

I phoned up to get a quote for motor insurance. I'm a 25-year-old mature student and Endsleigh offer a discount for students (they are part owned by the NUS).
I had a very helpful lady run through my details and after a few minutes on the phone she arrived at a quote of £294 including uninsured loss recovery. This was 10% more expensive than my broker had quoted me and when I told them this, and that my other quote included a protected no claims discount, they said that they could match that and they did. Since I am not unhappy with my current insurers, I've decided to stay with them.
When my sister was a student, she was insured with Endsleigh and was very impressed. That's partly why I decided to try them. The problem I have encountered is the same problem I encounter everywhere with anything to do with students. I'm not a typical student. In this case, I have a full no claims discount and am over 25 years of age, doing a small number of miles a year. This means that any quote I get is already reduced about as much as it can be so Endsleigh's student discount made no difference at all.

I cannot fault the help they gave me, or the effort they put in in matching my quote, but it would have taken a quote about £30 lower in order to make it worth my while to switch.

If you are looking for insurance then Endsleigh are worth trying. I was just a little disappointed that they couldn't do a better deal for a student, albeit an older one.

• jonty68 published 20/09/2006
    Good review, will be getting a quote from these in a week or so...

Product Information : Endsleigh