Endsleigh

Member since : 23/01/2004
Satisfactory
Pro cheap quotes
Cons customer services unhelpful

"taking money after insurance cancelled"

After my daughter rang to cancel her insurance policy she discovered they were still taking money from her account. I rang them and they asked her to put all the details in writing which we did. 2 months later I rang them to find out what they were doing about it and they deny receiving the letter.

After repeatedly promising to ring us back I finally got someone on the phone who could deal with the problem. They have admitted that they owe the money but have said unless we give them the note given to us by the scrap company who took her car away for her (we were not given a note, and DVLA say they cannot release the information) they will not give her any money.

It is now in the hands of the financial ombudsman.

Moral of the story when cancelling standing orders or direct debits always cancel with the bank at the same time.

• jacqui_1 published 24/01/2004
    If you pay by DD, then claim it back through the indemnity. Jacqui
  • kappaslappa published 23/01/2004
    Sorry for the low rating but this needs to be in Buyer's Beware and also some information on the company would be useful as well :o)
  • jofoster published 23/01/2004
    The best thing your daughter can do is contact her bank and under the Direct Debt Guarantee you can request that the bank recalls all the money thay have taken withour permission. This happen to us recently we had £60 taken out of our account, we rang our bank (lloyds TSB) and they put us through the DD Department - within 5 working days they guaranteed to have the money back in the bank. It was actually credited to the account the very next day. Your daugther will need to have any reference numbers relating to the DD. I hope she has some luck.

Product Information : Endsleigh