Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

Review of "Enterprise Rent A Car"

published 17/02/2002 | Pelenya
Member since : 06/05/2001
Pro Company will send the car to you, multiple pick-up and drop-off locations, competitive prices
Cons none known
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Enterprise Makes It Easy"

I was having problems with my car (a 1999 Plymouth Breeze) before this past Christmas. It was leaking fluid from the front end. I took it to the local repair center to have it repaired. The report came back that it was believed to be a cracked head gasket and would best be repaired by a licensed Chrysler dealer. Therefore, I had to take it to the nearest Chrysler dealership, approximately 45 miles from my home.

This presented a problem for me, because there is only one car in our household. No one in my family had a spare for me to use. How was I going to commute to and from work? I asked the Chrysler dealership if they supplied "rental cars," and the answer was, "No." They instructed me to contact nearby Enterprise Rent A Car, and so I did.

The people at Enterprise, upon first call, were most helpful. They asked what type of car I needed and/or how much I could afford to spend for a daily rental. I told them that I needed something with automatic transmission, and preferably the least expensive vehicle available. The car that was suggested to me was a Chevrolet Metro.

After that, everything was easy. I took my ailing vehicle to the Chrysler dealership the very next day, and Enterprise met me there with the Metro. We went back to Enterprise, where I signed a lease agreement, provided proof of my own insurance, and handed over my bank check card. I was told that if, for any reason, I needed to extend the lease, I simply needed to call them. They would handle matters from their office.

I actually needed the car a day longer than anticipated, so they took care of the paperwork on their end, and I kept the vehicle an extra day. When I returned it safely to the dealer, someone came to pick it up, and we followed them back to Enterprise to pay for the extra day's rental.

I cannot praise Enterprise enough. The car that was leased to me was in fine condition. Although it wasn't as spacious as the Breeze, it provided adequate transportation to and from work. The tank was full when the car was rented, and I was asked to return it with a full tank of gas. Since this was a 3-cylinder vehicle, the gas mileage was excellent, and the amount I spent to top up the tank was minimal.

I found the Enterprise staff to be friendly, eager to accommodate my needs, and able to answer any questions I had about the vehicle. The fact that they were willing to pick me up at the Chrysler dealership and retrieve it from there was very helpful. Although I did have to return to their office to pay for the extra day's usage, it was just down the highway from the Chrysler dealership and was not out of the way.

I would recommend Enterprise to anyone. They were eager to please and, had the rental agency not been so close to the dealership, I could simply have called in my check card number and it would have been taken care of without my actually have had to go back to the agency. I checked prices against other agencies and found that Enterprise's prices were in line with others, if not less expensive, for this particular vehicle.

• n13roy published 11/04/2005
    Great Review Indeed. Wish I could say the same about Enterprise, I have never dealt with them before, and will never deal with them again after my experience lately. They have been a nightmare......Roy
  • willgould published 18/02/2002
    Great op, thanks!
  • ChigwellChick published 17/02/2002
    Excellent piece of writing Ellen, and congrats on turning red! Jackie :o)

Product Information : Enterprise Rent A Car