Enterprise Rent A Car

Enterprise Rent A Car

Review of "Enterprise Rent A Car"

published 10/02/2010 | blissman70
Member since : 04/09/2006
Thanks everyone for the R/R/Cs, still much appreciated....... Especially thanks for all the E's ... Looks like dooyoo has finally given up the ghost. Not even sending vouchers out now... shame
Pro great prices, no catches, polite staff and all round easy experience
Cons none at all for me
Type of car rented
Available selection
Customer Service
Vehicle Quality

"Venture out in a hire car with no hassle at all"

Recently, as any reader of my previous review would know, I had the misfortune of having my normal day to day car taken off the road due to an unfortunate incident involving a drunk driver. So, my company paid toward the hire of a vehicle for me so that I could still get about to do my day to day work.
Anyway, the hire company we used was one I have used several times before and would use in the future when needs must as I have had nothing but great value from them each time I have used them.
The hire company I am talking about is in fact Enterprise, no not the space ship with Captain James T Kirk at the helm, but a cracking car rental company that really does meet the needs of the customer.

** MY BRIEF STORY…

After being informed by the garage that my car was going to be off road for a while I received a phone call from a nice lady, let’s call her Anne, who informed me that she worked for Enterprise and that she had been instructed, (by my boss I presume), to find a vehicle for me to suite my needs.
Then she asked for a time that I would be at home so she could come a pick me up, (way-hey, I thought, my luck was in… only kidding, this is what Enterprise do, they actually collect you and take you to their nearest office and even bring you back home when the vehicle hire is over).
So, before too long, I had been collected by Anne, driven to her office and given a car which had been chosen by my company.
The whole process took less than thirty minutes from being picked up at my door by Anne to driving away in a hire car.

So that was how it happened…

** ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL COST…

The cost of the hire does vary depending on the vehicle you want, so do ask as upgrades can be offered at a reasonable price indeed.
The car I had was hired for just over £20.00 per day, plus a small deposit and what they call ’Damage Waiver’, which means that if the car is stolen or damaged then Enterprise will not hold you responsible and only ask for a stated excess to cover the cost, (just like your normal Insurance company).
There is also Excess Protection, which as it sounds, protects the excess to a certain amount agreed between yourself and Enterprise.
This ’Damage Waiver’ and ’Excess protection’ can be declined so as to keep the hire cost down but it can come in handy if something does happen to the hire car.

All this official sounding legal jargon is given to you in a ‘Terms and conditions’ contract and is explained to you by the person you are dealing with, like I said, they answer any questions you may ask.

They offer some great deals as well, such as a three day week end special, which, dependant on the car, can be as little as £12.00 a day, (conditions apply), plus they offer long term or short term hire. In fact, they will probably offer you what ever deal you can think of, at a reasonable cost of course.

Note:
A credit/debit card may be needed to cover the cost of any over used fuel. This means really that when you pick the car up it is usually half full of petrol/diesel, so when you bring it back it should have roughly the same amount in the tank, for any amount under you are charged a certain amount to compensate the difference in the tank.
Sometimes though if there is mo fuel in the car then this is noted and you return the car with any amount in…
Simple as that really and a fair deal in all.

** MY OPINION…

You see the Enterprise adverts on the television, the one with the mother in the back of the car complaining about everything, and if you have never used Enterprise before you don’t really believe what they tell you, but, in my experience the advert tell it all.
They treat you so well that it is a pleasant experience hiring a vehicle from them as the most you have to do is sign a few forms.

The staff are, as always, very polite and very helpful indeed, happy to answer any question I could throw at them and always smiling.
As I was dealing with Anne, who was very pleasant indeed, she explained the situation surrounding the hire car they had for me and that everything had been paid for so I didn’t need to leave any credit/debit card details. She then took me outside and gave me a quick tour around the car, which had been cleaned and seemed to shine like a new pin, noting down any damage, such as scratches or dents, just so that I would not be held liable when I returned the car.
Then she politely informed me that if the car was covered by the AA in case of breakdown and if I had any problems I shouldn’t hesitate to call her, during business hours of course.
Then it was a matter of signing a few forms and away I went, as I said earlier, the entire process took around thirty minutes from start to finish, getting me on my way with no hassles or catches.

I have tried to find something negative about the company but personally I can’t fault Enterprise one little bit.
I have used them before when hiring a vehicle for personal use, and even hiring a larger vehicle for business use, I mean, you don’t want to put too many miles on your own car do you.

In all, this has got to be the best car rental place I have ever used, and believe me I have tried a few, including the biggies, Budget, Hertz and Alomo, but Enterprise comes out top on all accounts.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the three mentioned are bad companies, on the contrary, they are excellent car hire companies, it is just that for me Enterprise comes out a clear winner out of the lot for all round easy car rental experience.

So if you want to hire a car for a weekend away or a fortnights holiday then Enterprise is the place for you, I know I’ll be using them again when I need to.

This review was read 2042 times and was rated at

• catsholiday published 01/03/2010
    I've looked into this company and they do look good. My present car was a year old ex Enterprise hire car - 6000 on the clock!
  • brereton66 published 15/02/2010
    Good review.
  • jesi published 12/02/2010
    When my daughter was given a rental car for work, they delivered it to her house and picked it up as well . . . I don't know who her company used, though for the hire (I never asked her) . . . &#9829 jesi &#9829

Product Information : Enterprise Rent A Car