Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier

Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier

Review of "Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier"

published 13/04/2009 | barbrella
Member since : 10/04/2009
Pro No frame, so less bulky, looks better,baby feels really close to you
Cons The black cotton one did pick up lots of fluff, so looked messy, I exchanged for a denim one
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"really worth the money"

I brought the Ergo after my 7 month old got too heavy for the Baby Bjorn carrier we had.
I love this as it doesnt have a frame and I didnt want anything too bulky. You can put it in your shopping bag and use it when your little one gets tired of walking as its not very big and its light to carry.
When you have them in the front its like having a hug, when you weaar it on your back its like a piggy back ride. It it designed so it doesnt hurt your back and I have never had any problems. I wish I had just got this one first as you can also use it for newborns so you dont have to buy two. They look really cool and I have had loads of comments on it.
Its easy to adjust and put on, the only thing you have to practise is getting the baby in on your back on your own, its a bit tricky at first as you feel you may drop them, but I used it on my front more when she was small anyhow. This was my opinion.
It had a DVD you can watch or online to show you how to use it.
Great value, lasts unrtil 4 years, but my little one at 22 months likes to walk now so I dont use it as much as I did. But I would reccomend it and esp. if you suffer from a bad back as it really supports the babies weight on your hips and didt pull my back at all.
Good value for money as it lasts and lasts and great colours and compacy. For me it was a great buy.
I paid approx £80.00 I have seen it for £99.00, so shop around on-line.

• Classicc published 20/08/2016
    A helpful review.
  • manlybeach published 13/04/2009
    I used something similar when my children were babies but you could only use it frontways on not on the backb xx

offers "Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier"

Product Information : Ergo Baby Original Baby Carrier

The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent. Features: 14 ounce cotton canvas for maximum durability. 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood. 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges. One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps. Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt. National Molding buckles tested up to 235 pounds. Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43". Fits from 5' to 6.5' body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps. Sleeping hood adjusts in length to growth of baby. Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections. Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections. High quality black webbing. Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds. Available Colors: 300

EAN: 0845197046888; 5526633401885; 8451970338815; 0845197010247; 8851126074879; 8451970102218; 8451970478016; 5526633402431; 8451970468819; 8451970477712, 5526633401885

Type: Baby Carrier

Manufacturer: Ergo Baby

Brand Manufacturer: Little Company B.V., Gro-group International Limited, Baby Dan A/S, Graco Children's Products

Long Name: Black With Solid Camel Lining, Black With Solid Green Lining, Blue With Solid Cranberry Lining, Camel With Solid Camel Lining, Baby Carrier, Original

EAN: 8451970477712; 8451970468819; 8451970478016; 5526633402431; 8851126074879; 8451970338815; 0845197010247; 8451970102218; 5526633401885

Listed on Ciao since: 14/09/2007