Ernest Jones Jewellers

Ernest Jones Jewellers

Review of "Ernest Jones Jewellers"

published 04/08/2007 | roly1605
Member since : 04/08/2007
Pro NONE
Cons RUBBISH jewellery and they lie and their customer services is crap
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Catherine K"

They ruined my engagement - YES that sounds dramatic but they honestly did - The £1000 platinum princess cut engagement ring I picked in 2003 is still in the stores being sold to this day so BEWARE - (platinum - princess cut 6 diamonds in the shape of a rectangle with channel set diamond shafts. Basically it broke - the shaft came away from the setting - they said they were going to get another for me - LIES - they patched it up and it broke AGAIN - during my engagement time celebratory meal with my parents it literally bent and broke and became distorted. I took it back AGAIN to the Bolton Branch and they said it looked like it had been put in the road and driven over. As if I would put a brand new cherished patimum engagement ring in the middle of the road for someone to drive over - ye right. I assured them it was the second time it had happened and that even though this was meant to be a replacement I reckoned it had just been patched up - they denied it and I took it to an independant jeweller who said there was evidence of glueing and it was a very poor weak design and should never have been passed as suitable in the first place - they agreed it was the original ring that had broken twice with absolutely NO FORCE from me or accidents etc it just came apart on my hand twice - I eventually got a refund but I would NEVER touch them again - they are not what they appear to be they sell crap and they caused a lot of stress and messing about and I ended up with a ring from another shop I didn't even like that much - it was 1.01 carat 18ct gold pear shape with a valuation of 2 grand but it actually cost just over a grand in their sale - it's in my jewellery box nowadays and I wear a diamonique one now instead and get more admiring comments about that one because it sparkles more than my diamond! I reckon don't bother with the high street they are a rip off plus diamonds are really nowhere near as rare and special as they have us believe - diamonds can be lovely if you are prepared to pay mega bucks for the perfect or near perfect ones but generally diamonds are a big con and they don't sparkle that much anyway.

This review was read 2082 times and was rated at

• aliree published 23/08/2007
    Diamond fell out of my engagement ring after 6 months. They gave me a new ring and three years later a diamond has dropped out of that one too. I think it is down to poor design.
  • missgiggles22 published 04/08/2007
    I'm sorry for your trouble. But to get a better rating more information was needed.
  • quan published 04/08/2007