Essays

Essays

Review of "Essays"

published 25/11/2006 | mshah786uk
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro You can't Live Without It!
Cons None - It's MONEY

"Money"

Most people would say that a lottery win, or something similar, that would provide them with a large amount of money would be great. It would bring an end to all their problems. But would it? Winning the lottery can be great. You know you don't have to worry about any more financial problems. Forever. But, walking around with a bag load of money, can you ever feel truly secure and find genuine happiness?

Ok. So you can own your house. Spend thousands upon thousands on luxuries for yourself, family and friends. But; you don't know yet, you start to become big headed. Being rich gets to your head and you start to be selfish and unkind. All your loved ones - those who supported you through terrible times and those who laughed with you when you were happy - all of these will be lost forever.

You will hurt those people who cared, as you take this selfish path; and, instead, spend time with those who are after your money.

Being rich is not as easy a job as it seems. People like me and you think being rich would be great, we can spend, spend, spend.

But, have you ever asked a rich person how they go to sleep at night? They can't. With burglars and thieves on the loose, which rich person can? They worry night after night about the risks they are in. They are afraid, anxious, apprehensive.

However, unknowingly, people like me and you think being rich is like paradise.

You can pay off your mortgages and loans; buy plenty of up-to-the-minute cars; spend thousands on designer perfumes and fashionable underwear. But you wont have any friends. For how long do you think you can live without a companion?

And what about getting married? You will surely have a partner then. Getting married? You wont let anyone close to you, because all you will think about them is that they are after your money. Whether the person would actually love you or not; you wouldn't care. You would be in love with your money so much, that you wouldn't let anyone in your life. Or would you?

Overall, people like me and you, we cant live happily with money, or without it. We can still be happy even if we only have a small amount of money, but this does sometimes create financial problems. However too much of it is also a problem as we lose our friends, family and relatives.

Money is such a powerful tool that it can get you anything you want in the world, but money cannot buy happiness and love. And without this happiness and love, the world would be a bitter place in which to live. Therefore I think you don't need to be rich to be happy. All you need is a loving family and friends who will always be with you and guide you through dejected times and be with you when you are jubilant.

• n13roy published 25/11/2006
    Money is the root of all evil today.......... I read that when I was a Kid.......and I think it stilll stands true to this Day !!!!.........Roy.....
  • annaroos1 published 25/11/2006
    Not too long ago I read that to a certain extent you can actually buy happiness. There is a certain level of income up to which point your hapiness will increase as you will be able to pay for food, shelter and other vital things. After this level (which incidently I believe was £23,000 per annum in London) money will no longer make you happy! Not that I have a clue how they've figured this out, but I think there may actually be a point to it, sadly!

Product Information : Essays