Essentials Home 3 Cup Drip Espresso Coffee Maker

Review of "Essentials Home 3 Cup Drip Espresso Coffee Maker"

published 24/07/2017 | arwyn3
Member since : 01/09/2016
WOW!!! I won a third diamond!!! Thank you
Pro Quick and easy to use and wash up afterwards
Cons Not big enough for larger numbers
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"For decent coffee in a few minutes."

Essentials Home 3 Cup Drip Espresso Coffee Maker

My wife does not drink tea, she is completely addicted to coffee! While I do often sneak myself the odd pot of cha I do tend to drink mainly coffee with my wife.
I have, in the past, found it difficult to find my ‘perfect’ way of getting a good cup of coffee. No matter what method I choose, it usually smells a lot better than it actually tastes. And I do prefer ground coffee to instant coffee.
I have had filters, cafetieres and Moca pots but nothing really hit the spot. Then last Christmas my wife and I were bought an Essentials Home 3 Cup Drip Espresso Coffee Maker as a present, and we have been using it constantly ever since.

What is a pour over coffee maker?

Basically, to make a ‘pour over’, you just need ground coffee (freshly ground preferably), a filter, and a filter holder. The process simply involves pouring water over and through the grounds to extract the coffee flavours into your cup.
Making coffee this way (unlike some other methods) continuously replaces the liquid surrounding the coffee grounds with new, fresher water, so promoting a faster, more efficient brew
About the Essentials Home 3 Cup Drip Espresso Coffee Maker

This is a very small, simple and straightforward bit of kit!
Small at just 13cm x 15cm x 17cm, it will easily fit away in a cupboard and not take up much room. It comes in a cardboard box with a small sachet of ground coffee, enough for one brew, and it comprises of just two parts; a small, conical shaped glass jug and a metal filter/fennel funnel with a silicon handle. The side of the glass flask is marked with a guide for cup, it says it makes 3 cups – naturally this depends on the size of your cup – it actually makes around 300ml coffee.
The glass flask is made from heat resistant glass, the filter is made from stainless steel with a mesh filter and there is an orange rubber silicon collar around the glass.
It can be washed in the dishwasher, although I prefer to wash ours by hand.

MANUFACTURER’S DETAILS

• SIMPLE TO USE AND STYLISH - Small and compact, this coffee maker is easy and quick to use and makes either enough for 2 mugs or 3 espresso cups. Perfect for couples or to fill your travel mug!
• PERFECT FOR COFFEE NUTS! - If you like your coffee made to perfection, try this lovely compact coffee maker.
• EASY TO CLEAN - Fed up of using paper filters? With the steel mesh filter, this coffee maker means less mess and is really easy to keep clean. It even has a silicone handle so you do not burn your fingers.
• HEAT RESISTANT GLASS - The glass is heat resistant but also has a lovely silicone band to make it easy to hold and avoid hot fingers!
• PEACE OF MIND GUARANTEE - If you are not happy with your Essentials Drip Coffee Maker, you are protected by a 2-year PEACE OF MIND guarantee.

Making the coffee

Well you don’t need to take a barista course to make a decent cup of coffee with this product. Just add ground coffee into the silver strainer, boil a kettle of water (I always use filtered water for a better result) then pour the boiled water on top of the coffee and watch the coffee drip through. Within seconds the glass below the filter begins to fill up, when full - the coffee is ready. Just remove the strainer and pour the coffee into your cup or mug.
Just a tip, don’t pour the water too quickly, it may come over the top – you can add more water to the coffee filter once it has dropped down!!
The Results

There was a small sachet of ground coffee in the box so we used that for our first ‘brew’; and I have to say that both my wife and I were very pleased with the results. Not only did the coffee taste great (obviously the main criteria) but it was very quick and easy to use and to clean up afterwards. With no extra expense for filter papers, you simply dispose of the coffee grounds from the mesh filter (they go in my recycling tub) and rinse then you are ready to make another brew of coffee straight away
This will only make coffee for none or two people at a time, however, as it only takes a couple of minutes to clean and prepare another brew, this isn’t a real problem if there are around four of you.it is no big deal.

I thought that the resulting coffee was better than that from a cafetiere or a filter machine but much less hassle to make and clean up afterwards. I also like the fact that the parts of the jug you need to hold are covered in an orange rubber silicone material that don't get hot meaning that you can handle it safely without burning yourself. Both my wife and myself were very impressed with this system and the resulting coffee.
Pros and Cons

PROS

1. Delicious coffee without any faffing
2. No filter required
3. Easy to wash and clean
4. Comes with a 2-year guarantee
5. Silicone sleeve makes it easy to carry
6. Perfect amount for 1 – 2 people
7. Small and compact for easy storage

Cons

1. Not big enough for a large amount of people
2. The orange colour may be a bit bright for some, and not fit into colour schemes.
Price

Our coffee machine was a gift so I don’t know how much it is, but checking today (224/7/17) it is available from Amazon for £17.05, which is in my opinion, a very decent price to pay for a decent cup of coffee.

Pictures

• One of two coffees made with coffee maker
• What you get
• The box

• Saraa23 published 19/08/2017
    Sounds very good and not much faffing!
  • jb0077 published 31/07/2017