Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

Works day & night to repair skin's appearance Prevents dark spots, freckles, fine lines & wrinkles Leaves skin with a renewed translucency finish

Review of "Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex"

published 19/05/2007 | NoSoupForDinner
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Quick results. Does not irritate skin.
Cons Can make skin feel greasy
How easily is it absorbed?

"Protective Recovery Complex"

PRICING
Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex by Estee Lauder is presented in two different sizes: 30ml (£32) and 50ml (£45). Whilst this might sound pricey, I bought my first 50ml bottle in December last year and only finished it 5 days ago. A 15ml sample bottle is available "free with purchase" at most Estee Lauder stands.

Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex is also available in concentrate and presented in 30ml (£65). This concentrate (which I have not used) is intended for pre & post cosmetic procedure and sun damaged skin as well as an occasional "booster treatment".

PACKAGING
This product is presented in a solid hard-to-break glass bottle with a dropper applicator.

Personally I found the applicator very convenient at first since it allows one to use the exact required amount. However, it is almost impossible to reach the liquid without struggle once the bottle is 90% empty -the liquid is so dense and the bottle shaped in such a way that turning it upside down won't help much.

POINT OF SALE
Naturally Estee Lauder SA's are extremelly polite and well put together. They are always attentive and happy to show new products without seeming pushy at all. I have always received generous samples with my purchases as well as advice on how to apply the products I had adcquired. The stand is always clean and well illuminated. The products are always aligned and within easy reach.

Also available online.

APPLICATION
Apply the complex to your fingers first and massage it onto them. Then pat onto your face. Do NOT rub! Let it absorb completely (this will take a while). If you feel you need an extra application in certain areas, repeat. Once your skin has absorbed it apply moisturizer. Note: some people may feel they do not need to moisturize skin after ANR.

EFFECT
Estee Lauder is a brand which I had always linked to "old women" and admittedly, I bought this as a last resort. Before ANR, I had tried "all the products in the market" (I am sure I am not the only one!) one after the other but I always seemd to develop an allergic reaction to them.

After so many years of mistreating my skin, I suffered from terrible breakouts and extreme redness all over my face. On top of sensitivity, I also have combination skin (very oily forehead, very dry cheeks) Therefore, I only apply ANR at nights so it does not block my pores etc (this is NOT a light product!)

First of all, my skin felt great from the very first application. I had never felt my face so soft; I seriously could not stop looking at the mirror! Day by day I felt my skin appareance improved, especially in the mornings after waking up -when there used to be redness and puffiness now there was a "glow".

ADVERSE EFFECTS
When I applied too much, my skin felt greasy and my pores huge. The instructions do recommend you only use 4 drops on your face; perhaps people with younger / finer / problem skin like mine may want to try using less than that.

BOTTOM LINE
All in all I am extremelly happy with ANR and have become a sort of Estee Lauder addict. The only thing I regret is not having taking photos of my "progress" -the change is so obvious that people I have not seen for a while even comment on how nice my skin is looking.

• eve6kicksass published 20/05/2007
    A terrific first review there..looking forward to more reviews from you now...Chris :)
  • kittyfluff published 20/05/2007
    That NO 7 one is meant to be really good..x
  • danfellowes published 19/05/2007
    very nice review. well done.

offers "Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex"