Europ Assistance

Europ Assistance

Review of "Europ Assistance"

published 21/08/2001 | Byrney
Member since : 11/08/2001
Pro None
Cons Completely unreliable

"Europ-unassist"

I applied to join Europassist in Oct 2000 a few weeks before a charity drive to Italy to raise money for childrens charities. I was assured that my pack would arrive before my departure, but 1 week before I left it had not arrived so I phoned them. They informed me that the person who had taken my credit card details had undercharged me by 5 pence and so my cover had not been set up, although no one had called me to tell me this. I paid the extra 5p and was again assured that my pack would be with me before I left. One day before departure it still had not arrived and so I called again, to be told they had my address wrong, this was corrected and I was given a number and contact telephone numbers for my trip. Whilst abroad in my Mini my clutch went, Europassist sent someone to us after leaving us on hold for over 20mins and they took us to a closed garage and left. I eventually got my clutch fixed privately and continued. The second time I used them later in the year I was told I was no longer a member and after 30mins of chasing they discovered I was and sent someone to me. I would not recommend them to anyone.

• SparkyDeighton published 22/08/2001
    Not that I would consider driving abroad, I value advice on Insurance companies that like taking the premium but don't deliver the goods. They need exposing to save the consumers

Product Information : Europ Assistance

Tel: 01444 444 630; Website: http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/; Details: Europ Assistance is a leading force in the provision of automotive assistance and insurance solutions. Our services add significant value to the products of motor insurers and brokers, motor manufacturers, dealer groups, financial services providers and other blue chip companies.

Type: Breakdown Organisation