Europ Assistance

Europ Assistance

Review of "Europ Assistance"

published 26/11/2008 | abadr
Member since : 26/11/2008
Pro None whatsoever
Cons Terrible service, massively long claim response time, rude, unhelpful
Speed Of Response
Cost
Level Of Cover
Customer Service

"Do NOT take out a policy from Europ Assitance"

Absolutely terrible company. Steer clear from any policy provided by or underwritten by this company at any cost.

My partner and I took out a policy underwritten by Europ Assistance this summer to cover our round the world trip. Unfortunately, just after leaving (1 week after) the UK, we had to return as my father was taken into intensive care.

3 weeks after this, we submitted our claim form, supported by exhaustive documentation. 4 months later, and we are no further on - stupid information requests (repeating earlier requests), claim handled by multiple processors, rude staff on the phones etc.

After such a long wait and avoidance tactics, we got a solicitor involved. You would think that would have greased the bearings a little. No. They put the solicitor on indefinite hold, hang up on him etc. etc. We're giving it one more week before taking actual legal action or going to the ombudsman.

Steer well clear.

Would give 0 stars if possible.

Product Information : Europ Assistance

Tel: 01444 444 630; Website: http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/; Details: Europ Assistance is a leading force in the provision of automotive assistance and insurance solutions. Our services add significant value to the products of motor insurers and brokers, motor manufacturers, dealer groups, financial services providers and other blue chip companies.

Type: Breakdown Organisation