Evans Halshaw

Evans Halshaw

Review of "Evans Halshaw"

published 04/07/2008 | k8richards
Member since : 04/07/2008
Pro None
Cons No courtesy car, lack of communication between customer & the staff at the branch, RIPPED OFF!!!
Range of duties
Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"Miss"

After my car being in with Evans Halshaw Vauxhall Wakefield for 5 working days (should have been 1) I was extremeley annoyed but to top things off, here's a list of my complaints I have sent to the complaints department:

1)The poor communication from the service department - we had to phone about 4 or 5 times each day over the 5 working days they had my car. They only bothered to phone back when my partner, Matthew Higgins, demanded to speak to a Manager.
Their communication between themselves is also very worrying. On the Saturday, I told Roy I needed an MOT to be carried out on the Monday. When I received a phone call from another gentleman on that Monday, he said it wasn't booked in for an MOT.
2)The receptionist's attitude towards Matthew Higgins, in no way was this professional
3)There was no courtesy car available, which meant I had to take 2 days off work, missing out on 2 days wages, Matthew also had to take a day off on the Tuesday to wait for a phone call to pick the car up. We had to pay out for taxis over the 6 day period, all of which we have kept receipts for.
4)I specifically told one of the gentlemen from the Service department that I didn't want my boot lock changing as this would not affect the MOT - this has been done without my approval & I have been charged for it - I want this charge refunding.
5)The receptionist & a gentleman from the Service department both said we would receive a discount for all the inconvenience Vauxhall have caused us, however, I can see no proof of this on the invoice.

The only thing I have signed for is for the seat levers to be fixed, so by law, I have not legally agreed for the rest of the work to be carried out. I have been charged over £600 for the repairs done on my car, but to be honest, I feel ripped off & cheated by Vauxhall due to my valuable time & money being wasted on your incompetent & rude staff.

I'm sure you will agree, you would feel extremely annoyed if you were in my situation. Therefore, I am seeking legal advice & I expect at least my taxi fares to be reimbursed by Vauxhall due to my complaints made above. I will be happy to send copies of these to you, or whoever the relevant person may be.Please leave your comments.

Kate

• bobbob455 published 23/08/2008
    totally agree, Evans Halshaw are less than useless. in future I will only buy from small, well established family firms.
  • COOOEEE published 06/07/2008
    You have posted in the wrong category as this one is to write about Evans Halshaw as Employers> Let me know if you need help moving the review. Fiona(New member Guide)
  • pixie65 published 04/07/2008
    welcome to Ciao - a good first review and what a bad experience for you - good luck with future stuff x hev

Product Information : Evans Halshaw