R-ABERDEE... 1

R-ABERDEEN

Member since:30.10.2008

R-aberdeen

30.10.2008

Advantages:
NONE

Disadvantages:
EVERYTHING

Recommendable No:

2. eljimbob
  3. psirac

R-aberdeen

Diabolical customer care

My complaints are about EH Nissan/Renaut, Wellington road. ABERDEEN.

My micra had and Igition switch problem, this was established by a small local garage that has serviced/mot'd/generally repaired my car for years (NO PROBLEMS). They couldn't help with this problem as the ignition switch is electronically connected to the key and immobiliser and once replaced has to be re-coded. Hence my unfortunate dealings with EH only begin.

Phoned EH 24/0808, explained the situation and was told due the merger of Nissan/Renault their service dept was extremely busy and that I would have to wait until 25.09.08 for my car to be assessed. Told them what the problem was but was informed it would still have to assessed by their TECHNICIANS first. Ok so i had to wait, luckily my car was still drivable most days, but a few times its had had to be left due to not starting, then going back a couple of hours later and it would start. Car booked in for Thurs 25th Sept for 8am.

Dropped my car off Wed night at 6.20pm as unable to get there for 8am, due to work and children. Filled in the envelope in recept, popped in keys and gave to the salesmen there who would put into the service dept.

Got a call from the service desk at 8.15am 25.09.08 asking why my car was in, as no booking listed. told them all about previous call in august. She would get back to me. Anyway the service manager phoned me back to ask the same questions, AGAIN explained the august booking and was asked for my name (give it to them), no booking on comp. He asked for reg number (this is clearly written on the envelope given the night before), success booking found under my previous surname. I explained to the manager that i was assured this was CHANGED when the car was booked in. he would see to this and amend all paperwork and now that they had found the booking details the car would be assess.

I phoned back at 3pm to check the progress of the car and was told it hadn't been looked at yet. I again phoned back at 5pm and was again told by the service recept that it hadn't been looked at and it would be done on Fri 26th, as they are extremely busy due to the merger. I explained that i understood this hence the 4 month wait to get it booked in and I expected it to be done on the day of booking.

i passed the garage on the Thursday night and my car was still parked in the space that i'd left it in.

I phoned and spooke to the manager Alan on the friday morning and told him about my car not being moved and that i wanted it done that day, to which he told me he'd been drafted up from a dealership in the south of /england to sort out the problems in the service dept due to the merger but that my car didn't need to be moved to be assessed and that it HAD been assessed in the forecourt and YES it was the igition switch, it had been ordered and would take 10 days. I could collect my car and rebook it in for the repairs.

I went to collect my car at 9.30am, gave name, they couldn't find the paperwork/keys or note of any booking!!!!! gave my previous surname and low and behold there it was, YET AGAIN no details changed, How bloody hard is it to change the name on the computer!!!!! anyway found paperwork, NO KEYS. futher 10 mins hunt for my keys. Found. Car booked in for 16.10.08 for iginion switch replacement.

Again dropped the car off on Wed 15th oct, Service desk still open so keys given to service desk recept, looked for paperwork to attach keys, NO PAPERWORK/BOOKING, gave previous surname and STILL no computer details changed, recept got sharp end of my tongue and told to change the name there and then, after huffing and puffing she changed the name by hand on the paperwork but would do the comp in the morning. !!!!

I phoned 3pm 16.10.08 to again check progress of my car, service desk guy would check, kept on hold for 8 mins then cut off. i phoned an hr later to be told by the same guy that he wouldn't find anything under my name, told him to check prev name, there it was and he would go and check again and came back to say it still hadn't been done and wouldn't be done due to the merger and being busy, told i had waited 7 wks for this and not happy. Car left overnight again.

Fri 17th oct, I phoned at 3 pm to check progress, service recept said she would go and check. she came back to said "i'm not going to beat around the bush, you car hasn't been looked at and won't be today, as the workshop had taken in the jobs booked in for the friday and no one had told them about the backlog from Thurs", so you can either collect your car and bring it back monday or leave it over the wkend, as the workshop has guaranteed 100% that your car will be done on monday". I said surely the workshop have alist of their jobs for the day and they should know if they had finished everything or not and say to themselves we have to A,B and C before we start todays work, TOTAL INCOMPETENCE!!!!! Car collected by family member.

Sunday 19th oct, car dropped off AGAIN, same envelope completed, keys enclosed and envelope given to young receptionist in the showroom.

Monday 20th. my sister called in to the service desk first thing and checked that my car would be done today and was told it was first on the list and for igitiion switch replacement. I phoned mid afternoon to check progress, was told by service desk that the tech was working on my car. Service desk phoned me at 5pm to say the tech had spent the WHOLE afternoon trying to establish the fault, not knowing that this had already been done 7 wks ago and the part was there !!! she apologised and said i could collect the car or leave it and he would start it right now. I asked to speak to the manager who was conveniently finished for the day. Told her the car would be left and that i would be phoning in the morning to speak to the manager.

Tues 21st @ 9am i received a call from the service desk to ask who was paying for car, ME. well the bill is £500 including labour. to which i flipped completely and asked for the manager. He phoned me back, thanksfully i had written everything down from the last 7 wks and just reeled everything off, and there was no way was i paying £500 and an ignition switch and their total incompetence. AGAIN he would phone me back. the service desk phoned me at 2pm to say the car was ready and the bill was £118. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

The manager didn't have the balls to call me back he got one of the receptionists to do it.

I will NEVER use EH again and neither will anyone I know, two of my friends have already bought cars from alternative dealers after hearing my service dept nightmare.

I have written all this in a letter to the complaints dept of EH so i'll wait and see what response i get, but going from these reviews i'm not holding out much luck of a reply.

eljimbob 30.10.2008 14:35