Evans Halshaw

Evans Halshaw

Review of "Evans Halshaw"

published 30/11/2008 | YummmmyMummy
Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"Evans Halshaw - THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!"

Evans Halshaw - THE WORST PROVIDER OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! (Please do not buy a vehicle from them if you can avoid it!!!)
Myself and my husband went and purchased a 07 plate Renault Twingo GT From the dealership in sighthill Edinburgh. We were so happy with it and in any case what can go wrong, it's only done 800 miles , its had no prev owners as it was a demonstator... well Evans Halshaw like to break the mould shall we say.
As I drove the vehicle home on the day we purchased the vehicle I noticed on the way home that I could not get the stereo to operate. When I got home I called Evans Halshaw advising them and that I wasn't vey happy that this wasn't checked prior to sale in the first place. We were advised that it may just be the code that needed and that if we brought the car back in they would imput the code and we would be off home in no time. We agreed and my husband took the car back to the dealership (30 miles from our home) and they took the car to input the code. My husband was in the garage that day for 3 hours!!! To be told at the end that the stereo was indeed not working and that they would have to send the unit away for repair. We were assured that this would be no longer than 2 weeks! (this being the most laughable part of all in heinsight!)
We made no contact to Evans Halshaw for this whole 2 week period, and in fact we waited 2 and a half weeks to contact them. They never made any effort in the whole time to contact us and when we made the contact after 2 and a half weeks we were advised that someone would call us back.! (another little joke on us it seems!) We waited and waited and eventually called them back to be advised that the stereo was with a courier and was going to be no longer than 48 hours! 5 days later WE called them again as this was now ever so slightly over the 48 hour period. Funnily enough someone was going to call us back! Can I make the point before continuing that we have only recieved 1 callback in a 6 week period having made over 30-40 calls to the dealership in this time! When we called again we were now told that the unit was getting sent special delivery and would be back in 24 hours! (still dont know why it had to be posted twice???? Missled I think???) Surprise surprise it never arrived, in fact it was a further 2 weeks before we were actually then told the unit had been condemed! (this is the same unit that had been posted back twice!). As you can imagine in that 2 week period we made alot of calls to try and find out what was happening to either be hung up on by the original salesperson as he stated it was nothingto do with him now or being led a merry dance by the servicing manager , it wasn't the best time to be fair. Evans Halshaw then put an 'emergency' order in for a new stereo, this arrived 2 days later and myself my husband and my daughter drove in again to get the new unit fitted. As much as we were annoyed it had taken so long we were just happy to finally get a stereo into a car that we paid over £8000 for.
We sat in the waiting room as they fitted the new stereo. About half an hour later the service manager called us into his office and gave us the news that this new stereo was not working!!! Now me and my husband just burst into laughter because what else could we do? The service manager said that they were now going to have to do electrical tests and would it be ok if we went in a courtesy car overnight. We reluctantly agreed and awaited the call the next morning.... surprisingly at 12 noon we called them. We were advised that all the electrics were fine and that couldn't be the problem and that they were now wanting to change the display unit of the system??? They also have to order one of these which should arrive on Monday 1st Dec (well we're not holding our breath)
As you can see this issue has still not been resolved and we are still as we speak using the courtesy car. The frustration that the excuse of an organisation Evans Halshaw has caused myself and my husband is just unacceptable. We have been in contact with consumer direct and trading standards regarding this matter and have also raised a complaint with our finance company.
To conclude please avoid dealling with this company and possibly giving yourself as much hassle and stress as we have had to and are still enduring.

• redeyes22 published 01/12/2008
    great review aggy
  • wingnut888 published 30/11/2008
    thanks for the review
  • tigerthecat published 30/11/2008
    I could not be as calm as you, I alsohave a short fuse, great review.

Product Information : Evans Halshaw