Evans Halshaw

Evans Halshaw

Review of "Evans Halshaw"

published 17/01/2012 | Amyl222
Member since : 17/01/2012
Pro none
Cons pushy salemen, dont tell the truth!
Range of duties
Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"Evans Halshaw - pushy salesmen who lie!"

My recent experience of dealing with Evans Halshaw Batley was horrendus!

They were only able to provide me a quote only when I was ready to order a car. I gave them the spec I wanted, a Ford Fiesta, and the one THEY chose seemed the most expensive option, and they didnt give me a choice of car so I assumed they were offering me the best deal. I was wrong.

Initially I wanted it on finance, and after coming away and going through the figures at home, they didn't add up.

I went back for a second time and when I asked them to break down the finance deal to show the monthly payments and the year by year total.....they could only give me a rough guesstimate and never gave me a copy in writing. As this is the first time I have purchased a car, I didnt fully understand all the different aspects of finance and found when questions were asked I wasn't given a straight answer. They made it sound like they were doing me a favour by getting me a credit rating when in fact they would be making more money if I had got the car on finance.

In the end I told them that I was buying it outright with a bank loan instead.
The saleman that sold me the car said he may be picking it up himself from the Hull branch.....this never happened.
They told me the car would arrive on the Friday but if not it would be the Monday. I was on holiday from work and had made plans that I had to cancel. I called on saturday to make sure it would be there monday, but all they could say was 'fingers crossed'. I'm sorry but I think this is unacceptable. How can they not know the whereabouts of a car, and the date it will be delivered at the garage??

Monday came and I rang them to ask where the car was and they said it had only just arrived in Hull that day because it had come from further away than they expected. How could they not know this before? I suspect they did know and did not tell me. They said it would arrive and be ready on Thursday. Their manner was pushy and I felt I was the one chasing them for the car when it surely should be them updating me as I am spending thousands on a car!!

I decided because of the bad service that I would cancel the car. Better to do it whilst it is still in Hull so they dont have to transport it anywhere.
When calling to cancel they said I couldn't because it was in my name. I hadnt even signed for the actual car agreement and throughout the selling process they told me I could change my mind at any time. I mentioned this to the saleman who said I dont have any reason to change my mind because the car is what I want. This makes me feel that if I turned up to view the car then I would feel pressurised into signing for a car I didnt want. They then went on to say that I didnt appreciate the work that they had put in to getting me this car and I had wasted their time. I felt that they had wasted my time and felt they lied to me about where the car was located. They then told me to speak to their legal dept and hung up.

I said it would be highly unlikly that I would be dealing with Evans Halshaw again, they responded by saying the feeling was mutual as they don't particularly appreciate customers who waste their time and dont appreciate their hard work. I would appreciate any hard work by a car dealer.....if it was good, which it wasn't. My time was wasted waiting for a car I suspect they knew wouln't arrive when I needed it.

The issue has been resolved but I would not recommend this company to anyone.

• angelboouk123 published 17/01/2012
    off topic as per drewsters comment
  • Drewster-Rooster published 17/01/2012
    Sorry for the OT rate but this category is for Careers and should be used for discussing them as employers. Ciao should be able to move it to the correct category if you email them...
  • DanielFullard published 17/01/2012