Everest Fitted Kitchen

Everest Fitted Kitchen

Kitchen Company

Review of "Everest Fitted Kitchen"

published 08/11/2008 | alstalan
Member since : 08/11/2008
Pro None
Cons Poor workmanship & lack of intrest to resolve problems.
Customer Service

"Avoid Everest Part 2"

I had a new kitchen fitted on the 1st September 2008, I am still waiting for it to be completed to my satisfaction some 11 weeks later. Some of the problems have been as follows:
Original electrical items ordered not being provided. The items suggested as replacements not being to same specification or better. There were numerous phone calls made to try and have acceptable items supplied.
Not being advised of date & time of arrival of installers as advised in their letters. (Installer did arrive on 1st September, but was wearing a B&Q T-shirt and said he had come to install a B&Q kitchen)
Wrong Cooker Hood being supplied, which resulted in oven also being changed to match hood. Manufacture changed from Neff to Bosch.
Being left without water in kitchen for 7 days.
Being left without a cooker for 13 days.
Missing handles.
Missing door-hanging brackets. Additional ones sent in post but only half the bracket sent, so of no use.
Missing door, additional one brought to site but wrong colour. Additional one sent buy courier.
Additional edging trim required, said to be in post but did not arrive. A week later after phone calls & e-mails by me it turned up. But wrong type sent.
Flyover over kitchen window had to be re-done.
Poor installation of mastic round worktop.
No waste bin provided, as detailed on purchase agreement. Have now been out and brought my own at my own expense.
Soft closure door mechanisms, 5 number, missing. More emails & phone calls.
Units between kitchen & dinning room had to be dismantled and rebuilt as the requirements for doors on both sides, which was specified at the purchase & survey stages, not being provided. The shelves within units are not to acceptable standards.
There also seems to have been and over ordering of materials on this job as I have unused items of wood still in the plastic wrapping in my garage. These items were going to be thrown out as rubbish. This is a complete waste for which I am probably paying.
A 800 unit has been used vice a 1200 CBU with 2x400 doors - the 1200 CBU is shown on the additional work sheet & plan. This unit has been heavily modified to such an extent that it has no back and the base/floor of the unit does not extend to the wall i.e. there is a 3 inch gap between wall and unit, this allows for items to fall to the floor. Also access to the water softener connection that is attached to the waste pipe is very difficult.
The use of the 800 unit has meant that the sink has not been placed centrally to the window and now looks odd.
The pipe work under sink is a mess. The original installers used as much of the old pipe work as possible so it made life easier for themselves. They even used the old sink connection to the new sink.
Part of the worktop is not level. This has resulted in a uneven gap between dishwasher and other units which is unsightly and not to the expected Everest " we fit the Best".
Part of the work top is not secured to base units and moves when lent on.
Everest personnel do not seem to want to resolve the matter, they do not answer recorded delivered mail and I am constantly advised that staff are on annual leave. Does this installation fit in with Everest's ad of "we fit the best" I think not. I would not recommend them for kitchens.