Home > Ciao Café > Everything from A-Z > Everything that starts with L ... > Reviews

moogi48 5

moogi48

Member since:01.01.1970

I'm Still Here!!

28.11.2007

Advantages:
Life

Disadvantages:
*  *  *  *  *  *  *

24 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. marymoose99
  2. inycon2
  1. costas1234
  2. sweetdaisy
  3. The-ex-Raven

L in my case is for LIFE…..and celebrating it! This is not going to be a depressing read because I am not that kind of person, this is for anyone who is going through, or may go through, the same problems.

NOTE: Anyone who doesn't like to read about women's bit n bobs and 'that operation' as my Mum says, should not read this. You have been warned!

Last week I was waiting my turn in the Post Office and 2 women behind me were whinging about their husbands and work and the fact that their favourite hairdresser had left to go to another part of the country, this got me thinking how lucky I am to be alive and have a good hairdresser who is still with us. That night when my 'other half' came home from work I gave him a great big kiss and told him that we were so lucky, obviously he thought I was having terrible side effects from the medication I take……I told him about the women in the Post Office and said it made me feel so lucky that my life isn't mundane enough to whinge about silly little things or even big things. Here is what's happened to me within the last decade or so and I still feel so lucky and happy and I know there are lots of people out there who feel the same.

During the last 10 years I have gone from a lively, healthy, walk everywhere, vivacious woman to a creaky, unhealthy, walking with a stick, older than my age, woman, why?

About 10 years ago I badgered my doctor to let me see a specialist because I was having very heavy periods and I found it difficult to walk around, I was using 3 night towels all the time and I would have to change every half hour or so, my doctor agreed that I was anaemic and fed up and sent me to the specialist. The specialist poked and prodded and looked inside my womb with a little camera and found Fibroids, which he later whipped out……….nothing changed.

After many tests and more poking and prodding, nothing…….then I went for a scan of my womb and attached bits, at last they found something - it was an Ovarian Cyst, it wasn't very big but it had to come out, along with the womb, ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix (Total Hysterectomy), I wasn't too bothered because I was so fed up with the alternative, by the time my operation came around (2-3 weeks) my cyst had grown quite a bit and I had the belly of a pregnant woman!

The operation was supposed to take about an hour or so but because of complications it took more than 3 hours, they had to drain the cyst (it weighed over 10lbs by this time) before they removed it but this was causing a few problems, they also had to send it for tests to see whether it was cancerous or not…….this is where my fight began.

The cyst was cancerous and they were sure they had got rid of it but they asked me to make regular trips to the hospital for check ups, after one of these check ups I found I had cancerous cells in my body…….after much treatment I was in remission. What happened next……I was told I had Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia and Arthritis and ever since then I have been on medication, during the last year I have been to the hospital about my breast, that's OK now and I have to use a walking stick.

I haven't gone into great detail about operations, treatment etc because I wanted to show you that no matter what life throws at you there is always hope and the greatest thing anyone can hope for is a wonderful family and circle of friends, if it wasn't for these people I might have thought "SOD IT" and given up but then again I look at the news and I realise that I might not have my full health and I'm a bit deaf and I tire easily but my life is wonderful and rich and happy compared to some, so I'm going to open a bottle of Non-Alcoholic Wine (I'm not allowed to drink alcohol) and celebrate that I've got a good life!

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

marymoose99 22.02.2008 13:18

Wow! What a positive review, a joy to read :o) - an E from me!

inycon2 11.12.2007 15:55

You have a fantastic attitude - there are too many moaning minnies about who don't seem to appreciate how lucky they are. I hope you have better luck soon and that your health improves:0)

arnoldhenryrufus 29.11.2007 14:14

It can be very hard at times to stay positive, but well done you for getting there and remaining positive - lyn x