Home > Ciao Café > Everything from A-Z > Everything that starts with S ... > Reviews

thundersm... 5

thundersmurf

Member since:03.11.2005

Smurfs take on Sirg's challenge

16.12.2005

Advantages:
A bit of fun

Disadvantages:
long

8 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. mightymuffin
  2. Mitsudan
  3. The_Glasgow_Superstar
  1. marcellep

Thanks to Sirg for thinking up this different set of questions.

A. What is the time? Date?
15.41 16 DECEMBER 2005

B. What is your Ciao name and why?

My Ciao name is Thundersmurf. Smurf is a nickname that I had had since I was 7 and my favourite band is called Thunder.

D. What have you done to help someone today?
Being totally honest, nothing.
I haven't been out of the flat except to nip to the shop across the road - oh hang on, I held the big heavy security door open for a lady on the 2nd florr who is in her 70s - does that count??

E. What did you do yesterday that you wish you hadn't?
Drank too much Southern Comfort.....My parents are going away over Xmas and New Year, so we had our celebrations last night....oooh, my head! :)

F. What was the last song you listened to?

Angel, By "The Jones Gang" - AWESOME!!

G. Did you enjoy it?
Yes, it is new band that has grown from the ashes of some of the best classic rock bands, Kenny Jones from "The WHO" and "The Small Faces", Rick Wills from "Foreigner" and Robert HArt from "The distance" and "Bad Company".

H. Who is your favourite band/singer?
AS I have already mentioned, My favourite band is a band called Thunder, They are a rcok band from here in the UK.
Biggest hits they had were in the early 90s but the last couple of albums have been excellent - they are on their way back up!!
Singer is Danny Bowes fromThunder, closely followed by Robert Hart from Bad Company, they BOTH have beautiful voices that send shivers down my spine.

I. How did you first hear of them/him/her?
I first saw Thunder when I went to my first EVER gig - I went to see Aerosmith at the NEC in Birmimgham and Thunder were supporting. I first saw Robert Hart when a frined of mine was working with Deep Purple's Don Airey as a Keyboard Tech. Rob was singing with the Don Airey Band and I thought he was excellent.

J. How much money have you made from Ciao?
About £15 so far but I've not been here long.

K. (If any) what you going to spend it on?
Dunno yet mebbe a haircut???

L.Why would you rate a review as exceptional?

If the review left me asking no questions at the end, or if it is a personal review, like this, if it has made me laugh, cry or think seriously about something that i had not previously considered.

M. What was the last Award/Certificate you received (not your school results certificate)? Erm... Certificate of thanks from AFS
What did you have to do? I raised £350 for the charity by doing a parachute jump - solo.
This was quite a big thing for me, as I am very afraid of heights and Planes, as you can see from my review of Monarch airlines

N. Which Ciao member(s) would you not like to meet on a dark night?
Oooh, don't wanna name names, they might come and get me and I'm scared.........

O. What is your favourite colour? Why?
Pink. Coz it always brightens the day1 :)

P. What do you look like?
I'm 5ft8, slim (some might say skinny!) and I have blue/grey eyes and pink, yes PINK, hair.

Q. Have you ever been arrested or in trouble with the police?
Nope. i'm a good little girl...... yeah right!
But seriously I have NEVER been in trouble with the police - not stupid enought to get caught!! :)

R. When was the last time you went out to dinner? Where and who with?
With my parents about 2 weeks ago, we went to the local indian restaurant as I went round and no-one could be bothered cooking and they had no food in anyway - they had just got back from holiday.

S. What is the longest time you have gone without sleep?
Erm, probably about 50 hours. I go to bike rallies and we never get chance to sleep there!!
I also spend a bit of time touring with bands, you don't get much chance to sleep on a tour bus full of roadies!!

T. What was the last present you bought someone? Why?
Just bought all my xmas pressies so.......
Other than that, I bought my mum a necklace from Spain

U. What was the last present you received? Why?
Again, just had my xmas........other than that, probably a top that my frined bought me when we were in Spain with Deep Purple, basically, just as something to remember the trip by.

V. How many reviews have you written so far?

W. How long have you been here for? What date?

since 3 November 1005

X. How many people have you rated? Commented on?

I have given 138 ratings
And written 61 comments

Y. How many 'Not Helpful' and/or 'Off Topic' ratings have you given? Can you remember why?

1 of each, not helpful was given for a review that was only very short and left me with loads of questions at the end. Off topic, I can't remember

Z. What was the last letter you received in the post? Were you expecting it?
It was a parcel, containing a jacket that i had bought from eBay, so yes I was expecting it.

Pictures of Everything that starts with S ...
Everything that starts with S ... Picture 2362667 tb
ME and Robert Hart from Bad Company

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

HotMonkey 02.03.2006 17:21

Great read, interesting and great fun.

torr 20.12.2005 20:03

What good fortune to be blessed with hair in your favourite colour. Happy Christmas. Duncan

Soho_Black 20.12.2005 16:41

I'll keep an eye out for the Jones Gang, as they sound like they could be pretty decent. If you like them, knowing we share a love of Thunder, I reckon they'll be worth a shot!