Home > Ciao Café > Everything from A-Z > Everything that starts with W ... > Reviews

lona 3

lona

Member since:20.06.2003

Why I joined Ciao

12.10.2010

Advantages:
Brilliant site to research product reviews you might want to buy

Disadvantages:
Too many reviews on the same product and just thought up to gain money

25 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. CGholy
  2. johnny040676
  3. plod591
  1. duskmaiden
  2. Andy.mack
  3. Loubenet

I have read many reviews listing why members joined Ciao and most joined initially for the money, then discovered they actually enjoyed their experience and meeting new friends.

When I joined Ciao, I didn't know there was money involved and stumbled across it because I was searching for a review on a product I was hoping to buy.

It was 2003 when I joined and there weren't so many review sites around and this was a lovely little community to be a part of.

As I only write the odd review from time to time and only when I really have a subject that I feel qualified to write about. In otherwords I don't go looking for things to write reviews about.

Over the years, I collected quite a few Buddies but I was surprised to see when I checked my Buddy list most of my so called Buddies had deserted me. I feel a bit let down as it would appear you are only considered a Buddy if you read and comment on their reviews. What does it matter if I don't logon every week? Do I check with the lost Buddies and say "Hey there, I'm back, can I be your Buddy again?"

To those who have written me off I would say please do not add me again as a Buddy. I will still read and comment on interesting reviews whether they are Buddies or not. I find the whole thing clannish and juvenile and from now on I will refrain from asking anybody to be Buddies with me only to be discarded when I don't appear from time to time.

I have never been a "Lemming" sort of person but I clearly see by reading reviews there are quite a few Lemmings on Ciao. The same people rate each others reviews I suppose to gain "Brownie Points". Do these same "Lemmings" read newbies reviews or other interesting reviews by members they have never heard of?

I will still login to Ciao as I do enjoy researching products and reading what members think of them but I can't say it's the same site as it used to be. The internet is growing and things never stay the same but that's life I suppose.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

duskmaiden 15.10.2010 17:16

I too joined back in 2003 and it is a different site to what it was. I do clear my COT every so often if somone has not logged on for over a year and seems to be totally inactive

Claiiiree 13.10.2010 22:42

hi, thanks for comment, no I understood you completely, I just dont worry over it, worse things happen in life than whether people add you or remove you on a website...or who they want to read and not read, I just don't know why people get bothered about what is really.... trivial... :) Plus I deleted my account, and then I asked Ciao to reinstate me, so that cancelled all my COT - but it isn't affecting my life in a negative way, which was my point really

plod591 13.10.2010 09:38

Short but I like your straightforwarded honesty.