Exit Planet Dust - Chemical Brothers (The)

Exit Planet Dust - Chemical Brothers (The)

1 CD(s) - Trip Hop / Big Beat - Label: Freestyle Dust - Distributor: EMI Operations/CEVA Logistics - Released: 26/06/1995, 06/1995 - 724384054021

Review of "Exit Planet Dust - Chemical Brothers (The)"

published 17/04/2004 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, Wishing you all the best in the future, sad to see an end to ciao . been here 15 years now it will seem strange not to rate and review here
Pro brilliant
Cons cant get to glasto to see the brotheres this year boohoo
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics
How does it compare to the artist's other releases

" Errrrrrrrrrrrrm........... great music"

Exit planet dust.

The music is playing let’s get straight into it with the chemical brothers first track Leave home.
The brothers going to work it out the brothers going to work it out introduces us to this record. Yeah it’s getting to a good beat the brothers going to work it out heavier beat and the music soars and lots of noises I cannot describe.

Then the second track is “in dust we trust”

This track starts with long low tones and develops into a good beat echoing around me. I sit here wearing phones listening and nodding my head there are a few words not many, the heavy insistent beat is compelling reaching my inner self. A little wailing? End’s/starts the next track. “Song to the siren” a good heavy beat soon comes in I am tapping a Beth Orton wailing singing along with the beat.

Ahh its changed to “three little birdies” that’s down beat. This track does not have quite the same heavy beat at first but it does slowly come in.

“Fuck up beats” next. The sounds change to a heavy consistent beat getting faster I cannot type and keep in time. Tim says /sings a few words which echo I cant quite make them out.

Now onto some “chemical beats” although the tracks obviously change it is more a movement on of the sounds not breaking them up but a movement into the next track Lots of beats here with the ends distorting.

The next two tracks are a little more chilled.
“Chico’s groove” the beats ripple on to this next track with human voice uhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhh uhhuhhhuhhhuhhhuhh
“ One too many mornings” Is almost like birdsong the next track begins a gentle beat some rumbling sounds some sounds make me think of tropical rain forest. The sounds more haunting not the consistent heavy beat, although the beat is there

“ Life is sweet”
The track is a very light beat developing, changing from one ear side to the other this track is a little lighter and Beth Orton sings with long notes finishes with Tim saying you are out of control.

“ Playground for a wedge less firm” back into a heavy beat now. Tim Burgess does a lot of vocals on this one it somehow this track feels a little less serious. The beat goes on making me sway with it while sitting at the computer a lot of banging on the drums which do fade away at the end some long and quick notes take us into the next track

“Alive alone” which continues with a little less beat and some funny noises makes me wonder whets going! On some trilling notes “no way of knowing if she’s coming back no way of knowing if she’s right” “she shines she shines for me” quite a lot of words on this track. I’m alive I’m alone and I never wanted to be either of those” the sounds from this song echo around me with the quavering notes

I hope you enjoyed listening to that cd with me it was good. Kind of rock, kind of indie trance dance.

All tracks were written by tom Rowland’s and Ed Simons
Vocals Beth Orton Tim burgess the principal players tom Rowland’s and Ed Simons engineered by Steve Dubb Jones Exit planet dust was recorded in 1994
The chemical brothers started life as the dust brothers but had to give up this name as there was another band called dust brothers first.
Ed and Tom met at Manchester uni Exit planet dusk was their first album.
Seen them live a couple of times I think they are playing Glastonbury this year (but We are not talking about that mutter mutter cant go no tickets mutter mutter)
going to see the red hot chillis in london that weekend anyway . so there

• danielclark691 published 24/02/2017
    good work
  • Sweary published 25/05/2004
    A whole string of reviews on toys and children's books and then.... the Chemical Brothers! Talk about extremes! You are a lady of many parts! Really enjoyed this review. Cheers Sweary.
  • rosillew published 22/04/2004
    Wow Mary..... is that you? I had visions of you then typing away on your keyboard, in time to this...... and rocking all over the place, Heatherx